Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mental Blocks and Fears???

protoripper

Aug 24, 2005
Bellevue Ne
Visit site
I hear a lot of European players and magazines talking about mental blocks and fears. I dont understand them. as far as i know, some of the best players i have ever seen play are from europe. now i myself am from the US and we play rather reclessly, but i dont hear about fear or mental anything other than some of our behavior. Let me know what you all think, i would like to understand what you are really talking about. is it something that the US players are afraid of talking about or is it more or less the diference in our playing styles, US vs. Europe. Thanks.

keep ballin and have fun.

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
what they're talking about is that when they go to make a move alot of them get scared or just can't do it. it happens alot with people doing superman dives, your thinking "do it!" but then at the last moment you decide "lets not....."

you must see it in the states, someone goes for a mugging but hesitates and just ends up missing the moment and getting plastered

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
its not just a Europe thing, every person has a mental block against doing things that may hurt them, its part of human nature.
Its just a matter of getting over it. You cant say youve never been scared to do a move, like your first superman for example.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
theres quite a few in paintball

making that bunker on the break - how many times have you seen somone bottle a run out?

will i get bunkered? - people panic when they think somone is gonna do em

ill never make that run thru - but you never know till you try

the list is endless, but if you have a particular prob, talk to your captain and work on it in training, teams win games not 7 individuals with guns

protoripper

Aug 24, 2005
Bellevue Ne
Visit site
well the first time i did a superman dive i was only 5 or 6 playing base ball. that was the coolest way to slide into a base back then, so when it came to paintball it was natural. as for missing moments, i guess i can understand that one. timing is every thing, but then in my real job, i have to say that if i miss the moment i am dead not out. I am in the military and i am an infantry man. Like i said, i am just trying to understand. my favorite team is nexus. I would love the opportunity to play with that team, but that is just old dreams... well keep posting i am very interested in your input.

keep ballin, Europeans playing paintball is the reason for the huge explosion of growth in our sport. thank you all.