Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mental Fear & Avoid

Samsta

As Others Withdraw, We Push On.
Sep 6, 2005
N.Yorks
Can some advise me , i have a huge mental fear of being bunkered/mugged i wondered how i could get over it and how to avoid having it happen?
Thanks
Sam

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
mmm hard one to tackle this really, i guess its all down to your pain threshhold and adrenalin level at the time it happens.
i play up front, i always have done and even back in splatmaster days i used to like ...no LOVE bunkering people. and increasinly it has become an even bigger part of the game.

are you bothered about any particular part of you getting shot? a lot of people seem to have this thing about getting shot in the face....if that is a problem then make sure you use a mask with a solid face rather than a flexie then if you do get a close one in the mush, you wont feel it at all!
getting over it 100% will come from experience, it will happen at one time or another and afterwards you will look back at it and realise that it want that bad, a close up shot is in actual fact still moving at more or less the same speed as a full range shot and doesnt hurt any more, i personally tend to feel them less as i am usually pumped and dont even notice it till im in the bath later that day.
one thing i do recomend tho is a box :eek:

now avoiding it is a skill in its self, both for yourself and your team. if a mugging is going to be avoided then i would guess that 90% of the time the person actually being hit can do nothing about it, but his team mates can, by not letting the other team get into that position.
if it comes down to a mug or be mugged situation, DONT think about it, if the idea comes into your head just do it! go with your gut instinct, heheh use the force a little.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Get your mates to mug you at a practice day, get's you over it real quick.

The sooner it happens the quicker you can get on with playing.

To avoid it, keep looking and firing, and don't stay too long on one side of the bunker.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Get your mates to mug you at a practice day, get's you over it real quick.

The sooner it happens the quicker you can get on with playing.

To avoid it, keep looking and firing, and don't stay too long on one side of the bunker.

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Lol, as a team me and my mates love shooting the sh1t out of eachother, so we have all become really accostomed to being mugged an generally overshot!

With the victim of me and one friends joint mugging having 12shots on him in varous places:D

All thanks to our coach's words previously "if you get into a position like that you have outthought them, you deserve to shoot them LOADS!!"

As tom says, as a team you all need to shoot eachother loads, the more u shoot eachother, the less you will mind in a game, now odvioulsly u dont want to get mugged and should try an aviod it, but sometimes it will be inevitable....