Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mental health - let's lose the taboo.....

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
So, here it is. If you're suffering, not sure, want to get something off your chest, need help, just need a place to air your feelings? Go for it.

No judgements. How many forum members suffer in silence, perhaps don’t want to ask for advice or help because of what the perception will be, or overthinking that it’s more than it actually is?

This is a community, always has been. At times in the past we've pulled together to do amazing things for people so let's all continue the excellent work.

The floor is yours, are you ok?

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
100% on board with this notion; and applaud the efforts to shirk the taboo.

In recent months some high profile players have openly discussed their personal turmoils with mental health. I'm certain that they are not alone.

I'm also confident that paintball is a great medium with which many can decompress.

Reactions: Dusty

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
With finishing up a masters thesis, young family, new job, and just random things in general. I definitely am not doing enough self care for my mental well being. Working on it though, because I know it's a problem, I try and listen to really relaxing music on the way home from the train station so I don't bring home any stress/anger about the day, it's a start.

Anyone have good self care tips that you do?

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
With finishing up a masters thesis, young family, new job, and just random things in general. I definitely am not doing enough self care for my mental well being. Working on it though, because I know it's a problem, I try and listen to really relaxing music on the way home from the train station so I don't bring home any stress/anger about the day, it's a start.

Anyone have good self care tips that you do?
Make sure you make/take time for yourself to do YOUR thing, be it playstation, running, gym, whatever helps you unwind. If it means something doesn't get done, the world won't stop turning I can assure you. It's hard having a young family, I know. Make time for you and your partner, use the offers of babysitting and go out for a meal or to the cinema.

Reactions: Spikerz

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
I’ve been with my wife for 23 years and she’s struggled with mental health and anxiety issues for around 12 of those years. It went through the roof after a car crash we had with a drunk driver on the wrong side of the road.

We found that diet change is HUGE for helping things along. Checking your sugar intake, low in sugar drinks are a no no ironically (contain Aspartame which is terrifyingly bad for you brain) so no Diet Coke. In fact if anyone drinks a lot of t He stuff and often feel a bit off mentally you need to get rid. Bad bad stuff.

We did a bit of a diet called the Whole 30 which helps your taste buds reset. Great food, more fats but no sugars and other stuff. We found it was a great help.

Then we decided to have a kid which actually helped. Until a bit of PND kicked in but luckily for my missus she’d made a good bond with a bunch of mums who helped her understand that ever Tone gets I so she wasn’t on her own.

She still has the odd wobble but nothing anywhere near as bad.

If you drink a lot of coffee I’d recommend getting a cafetière and some half decent ground coffee which is a faff. It it doesn’t set you on edge or mess up your bowels like instant does.

Booze. Obvious one. All it does is heigt no your emotions. Which we know can be great but equally... not so great.

And do things that hat you can just enjoy in little doses. Our 15 month old kills us but it’s made really appreciate watching a good film at weekends or enjoying just the one bottle of cider or something.

Loads of small things can make huge huge differences. And definitely talk about it. Biggest thing of all,

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Congratulations on 23 years man, i know people who didn't last 23 months. I'm with my 20 years this year, married 11.

You have my sympathies with the PND (post natal depression for the young people with no kids), it's hard to deal with, particularly because my wife knew there was something wrong and absolutely refused to see anyone about it. She is currently peri menopausal. It's interesting, I've been blamed for some pretty outstanding reasons!!

It manifests very differently from time to time, mood swings, emotional instability, impulse buying of things.