Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Merry Christmas....

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
It's been a tough one, this year. As most of you know, I lost my fiancee, and the mother of my daughter at the start of the year.
But you know what, it hasn't been a bad year. There have been bad times, but I have come through this year knowing so much more, feeling so much stronger, and with so much hope for the future. I have learned so so much. I have learned that there are so many people who care so strongly that they are willing to do anything. I have learned that I am stronger and capable of much more than I ever thought I was. Regardless of everything, I still managed to work, parent, and do well on my uni work. And I have learned that if I can do it, anyone can so I am hoping that by sharing this people will maybe go a little bit towards understanding that. And I have also learned that you don't get to quit, no matter what the odds, it's not over until it is over. And it's not over until you breathe your last breath.

This was inspired, by Emma, my 4 year-old. I was talking to her, and I said "Emma, what do you think is most important?" "I dunno Dad..." and I said "I think the most important thing is to try your best at everything you do. If you try your best, you will never lose. You might lose the game, but you'll win everything else."

Then she said "Daddy, you're my best and you're my champion."

And I realised I may have never been as much to her if the bad stuff hadn't happened. It's horrible that it took so much for me to realise that, but I guess you can't see the stars unless it's dark. I'm guessing you don't have to change the world for everyone, just one person is enough. It's enough for me. I have Gem to thank for that, she changed my world.

So Merry Christmas, take next year and give it all you can. Be everything. It's the best feeling ever.

Love,
Paul

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
For me it's been a year with some significant loss too. though it pales compared to what you've had to endure, Paul. You are way stronger than I am.
Still, I fully agree with what you say. Joy wouldn't be worth what it is without pain.
I don't believe in good years and bad years, after all, a year is nothing more than arbitrary dates we picked.

And yes, the one thing that always keeps me going and keeps a smile on my face is this:

Attachments