Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Metal epoxy - any good?

gldnandy1987

They call me Doc
Oct 12, 2010
flintshire
seems good i use belzona 1111 in work that would do a good job. prob with the epoxy as its a putty type so may be hard to put a fine layer between mating faces, belzona or araldite for that matter may do a better job, depends how good you are with those compounds as they can be messy.

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
J-B weld, mix it like alraldite, Bonds the two faces, has equivalent tensile strength to steel...

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Was thinking of the putty BECAUSE it's thicker so i can cram it down the side of the feedneck to ensure it's stuck in over more of it's surface area. I have visions of liquid epoxy running down into the breech and staying there!!!

Also, does anyone know what consistency JB weld is once mixed up? Runny liquid or toothpaste?

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I have used the putty quite alot over the years to fix pipes on ships . . I dont like it tbh. . It can work and usually does but it needs something to grip onto . . I wouldnt think Anno is good for that . . to simply clamp it around the hole is risky, and I would imagine the feedneck would cause strain in all the wrong places.

makes me wonder if tack welding the feedneck would have better results . . although metal distorsion would be a huge problem . . perhaps some has attempted that before? alloy welding uuuugh

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
It's for an Angel 03/04 Speed so there is a small threaded portion at the base of the neck that obviously screws into the body. Above that there is probably 10mm of feedneck that sits inside the gun body with a 1mm of gap between it and the body. So i thought i could cram some into the threads and some down the side of the feedneck until it's filled up flush to the top of the gun body. I could lightly sand the outside of the feedneck and the inside of the gun body to get rid of the anno to allow it bond better too.

gldnandy1987

They call me Doc
Oct 12, 2010
flintshire
now youve given a rough size, araldyte - no. belzona would be good as its not runny but still errrr gloopy?? i use it in work for setting bushes in tools with 2mm gap between the two by serynging it in.

can you get photos up?

may be other ways of doing this once i see what the problem is properly.

im a toolmaker so might have a few ideas

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Thanks for your help fella. I'm not going to get around to doing this until the end of January at this rate! And i don't have the gun in front of me at the mo. Thanks for your help though.

Just Googled belzona 1111 and it's £60! I can get the other products for around £4.