Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Metal epoxy - any good?

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
JB weld, goes to a thick toothpasty like texture, less runny than toothpaste and it feels like it has grit in it. If you leave it for a little while, then it slowly gets harder and harder so if you need it to, you can just wait a couple of minutes and then start the application. I have used JB weld between sanded brass pipes, and they are yet to come loose.. You can imagine is like heatless solder...

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Stan, I wouldn't rate JB/Epoxy for somewhere as high stress as the feed neck. Another option may be to bore out the body to take a press in style neck or stub. Then you could use a clamp on feed - similar to an Ego

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I'm looking to use a clamping feedneck (either lever or allen key) to avoid any twisting on the feedneck when putting the hopper in and taking it out. (Therefore reducing the stress.) I'm not loooking to spend a fortune on it either! Hence the Epoxy / JB Weld / Belzona route ;)

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
I'll give the thumbs up to JB weld.

It's very strong - it will crack given enough of a shock - but we are talking significant hammer blows. It's thick and doesn't run much if at all.

On the other hand could you do the Ego feedneck mod ?

I did it recently and it was a POP.

Guide:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2912173

I just used a Dremel , large file, 400 grit. Took about 2 hours.

stacyhoffman

Banned
Apr 27, 2022
I'll give the thumbs up to JB weld.

It's very strong - it will crack given enough of a shock - but we are talking significant hammer blows. It's thick and doesn't run much if at all.

On the other hand could you do the Ego feedneck mod ?

I did it recently and it was a POP.

Guide:

epoxy flooring phoenix

I just used a Dremel , large file, 400 grit. Took about 2 hours.
Hi, any recommendations for a good cheap epoxy, and were from metallic epoxy flooring fort myers? Thanks

Last edited: