Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
every week some marshall gets it in the neck
remember that when it's your turn
remember that when you blatently hit someone on the hopper AND head and no marshall will run in to check..... and then they turn round and bollock you for screaming for the checks... it works both ways.

The marshalling on most fields was fantastic and credit to all those guys that ran in to do checks, got light up and carried on checking you do a fantastic job...

Besides that little moan it was another well run tourney with excellent facilities :)

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by DickySixx
So is the solution to come on here and bitch about it? If you have problems with the marshalling, then speak to the organiser- what does it achieve mouthing off on here?:mad:
This is a public board for discussion of paintball, with a tournament section. This topic falls under that catagory. It is also know that the organisers of said tournament read posts here and in the past have asked for the players feedback. Props to them for being brave enough to do so.

Edit:// re-read my original post and it was the worst entence ever :D

GINJ

Apr 18, 2003
East midlands
Visit site
Originally posted by DickySixx
So is the solution to come on here and bitch about it? If you have problems with the marshalling, then speak to the organiser- what does it achieve mouthing off on here?:mad:

ill give you a mad face i am in a rage raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

but there was more than one complaint made on the day to the organiser and i thought this forum was for voicing opinions and if people are going to pay to play events do they not deserve to hear about the standard of the event.

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
I was playing the game where the guy got spray in his eye.

From what I say he was hit on top of the goggles where there is air vents (no visor) and some spray went into his eye.

We stopprd the game as soon as we saw he had gone down and stayed down, don't know about hitting his head though.

I do know that he is OK now.

Excellent tourny with some imaginative and varied fields.

I felt that the music was too loud which caused a problem when playing field 2 from the marquee end.

I saw numerous hits on vans in the trade area but I don't think it is feasible to increase the height of the netting. The alternative is to site the trade area away from the end of the fields.

I don't think that Field 5 being unnetted was a problem in itself but a few signs wouldn't have gone amiss, preferably it should have been netted.

I heard a few people moaning about the number a toilets although I didn't find this a problem.

There was only one chrono which caused queues at times, I know there were three to start with until some idiot shot one and the other packed in.

We experienced at least two instance's of repeatetly being shot after calling ourselves out, and it wasn't a case of balls already fired. I was hit four times in the head after taking three on the arm I had just raised!

These are all minor issues compared to the excellent overall standard of the tourny. Lets not lose sight of the amount of work and effort put in by the MM crew in putting on a fantastic event.

Anyone who has tried to organise an event on this scale will know what a thankless task it is!

So lets all be gratefull that someone is prepared to go to the trouble to organise tourny's for us to just turn up, play and abuse the place (I saw the mess in the marquee).

Here endeth the sermon for Easter Monday:D

Thanks again to the MM crew and all the marshalls for a great day.

undertaker

ANGEL SPORTS and LIPS
Dec 15, 2001
Nuneaton
Ancaster

Got to agree there were a few issues with marshalls but overall a fantastic day, super setting good fields and the sun shone we finished second in our division and my Angel SPEED was superb.
Bring on the next round, Big up tp MM and everbody involved with it.

Phil Warr

Sep 28, 2001
Worcester
www.sadworld.co.uk
A number of issues seem to have come to light here about round 4.
Firstly I would like to thank everyone who made this event possible.
The site was fantastic, it was my first time there and the work Sparkie and his guy's put in to make this possible was very much appreciated.
To the guy's from team SAD for the work they done in putting the event on. If it wasn't for Team SAD then the MM would not happen so from all of us at the Midlands Masters, thank you, thank you...what a team!!!
To Trevor and Tim from H-Pac, undoubtedly the besy air fill system around.
To all the series sponsors (see below) who have supported the MM over the year.
A big up to the Clan for the loan and construction of field 2.
The Marshals were from SAD Uk, SAD Too, The Manchester marshal's and RDX. They worked their butt's off all day and you have to remember that each field had over 40 games to get through which is not easy and thus you have to expect that misstakes will happen. If you play/watch any sport you will see that the officials make misstakes, even those who are professional and do it for a living, anyone who watch the Arsenel vs Man Utd game will have seen the 2 Henry goals were off-side, even though the referee gave them both. I was marshalling on field 2 and we had no more than 2-3 disputed calls which out of 43 games is damn good, and I'm sure this was the same on all the fields. So I think that ALL the marshals on the day desearve a massive thank you from not only us at the MM but from all the teams who played the event.
Having said my bit on the marshal's I have also to say thanks to all the teams who played the games in a friendly and fair way. A special well done has to go from Big Sid of the Clan when playing on my field one of the clan players had taken a hit he was unaware of and I hold my hand up to say I also miss the shot, but Sid from inside his player spotted the hit and shouted over to his player to tell him to leave the field. This is how the game should be play...your a top guy Sid.
The issue with the netting is something we will have to look at but one thing to remember is that when a ball his a sup air obstucle it can tend to bounce up and sometimes over the netting. The only way to avoid this would be to net the roof which is not possible. Maybe if the end netting was a little higher it would have reduced this happening, so fair point and we will take it on board.
See you all at the next leg which is on the 11th May at NPG Uttoxeter. If your not book in drop us an email at Midlandsmasters@aol.com.

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
I agree with you m8
It's just that if you allowing spectators to watch, they need to be protected and that should not mean them having to buy a mask.
You are right, if you are advertising the event or encouraging spectators then they should all the fields should be netted or the spectators clearly told where they can and cannot go.