Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Midrange marker choice?

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Hi people :)

I hope this is the right section for this post. I only started playing a few months ago and started with a BT combat. Soon moved to a etha (which I thought was a nice little marker) but then moved to the etek 4 and sold the etha to a friend.

I like the etek4 but for my style of play it's just to darn loud. Been looking for something a bit quieter. I have stumbled upon the gtek and done some research on it but have any of you tried/own one and what do you think?

I'm after quiet, reliable, efficient, fairly easy to maintain and something that is going to offer me lots of fun

For the same price could I do better or is this as good as it gets? I don't mind buying second hand but if you were to say a geo would be better then that would have to be 2nd hand. So my budget is £400 near as. What would you recommend?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
New, that would be my choice, but £400 secondhand will get you several versions of the Geo 3 which would be an amaxing choice in comparison - no brainer IMHO!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Geo, Axe Pro, DM would all be in that price bracket.

they're all very good guns, none of which would disappoint you. Geo is an excellent choice, why not start a want to buy thread and see what you get offered?

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
£400 will get you a second hand LV1 if your quick enough. Would be a great upgrade to the etek if you liked that.

crf95

May 31, 2016
North East
I picked up my Axe Pro for £225, only had 3500 shots on the clock as well, perfect condition. There are a few that sold cheaper than that on here recently so just keep an eye out.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
You can make Etek quieter with TechT Hush bolt and a better barrel. Stock barrel isn't well ported and loud. I ran a 16" Un1tech and it made a big difference. It's always going to be louder than a lot of other markers - especially spool valves. My previous marker (after I sold the Etek 4) was a Geo 2, upgraded with the IV bolt engine, which made it a really nice shooter and I still own it. Our team currently shoots the MacDev Drone 2. Super quiet due to 100psi operating pressure, very air efficient and easy to maintain.

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for the options :) it has an after market bolt already (can't remember the name) and I have a deadly wind carbon barrel on it too. Have seen a geo 3 with iv core for 400quid. Missed out on the etek5 for sale to 220.

Can I post on the wanted section yet? Thought I needed 20posts before I could?

I'd be happy to swap inc/exc cash for something else.

Had the etha and that was lovely and quiet. Kinda noise level I want to get back to but don't want to "downgrade" as I'm hoping too get the team in a tournament next year. But do I really need more than an etha for Woods ball?

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Can I recommend you take a look at the MacDev Drone 2. An excellent marker within your price range. My team all run Drones and have been very pleased with how they shoot.