Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Midrange marker choice?

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
What about woodsball tournaments?
As long as it has the firing modes like mills 10/12/NXL/semi etc it should be fine. It wont be as good as a geo 3.5/lv1.1 or cs1 but they cost massively more than an etha. They will just be smoother and quieter and offer more tweaking than the etha but will still be restricted to 10/12 balls ramped etc.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Everyone can say which to buy, but its what feels right for you.

I know some people like the Axe (be it mini or pro) and others love the Etek5, so if you can, visit a walk on and or shop and try a few out.

Nothing wrong with the etha at all, maybe at a push go with a Shaft FR and pro tip?

Or if you havnt done so already, go with a carbon bottle and see how the Etha feels then before upgrading gun.

For me, if you can get an LV1 for £400 that would be my choice at that price, my LV1 would cost more but such a fantastic gun (just not as good as my Dye M2)

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for all the input. I have a new marker arriving today. Really looking forward to unwrapping it when I get home tonight :D like a kid at Christmas

smudgerebt

Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
I would never buy a new gun online, has to be in person so I know how it feels and also the shop can go thru it with me.

Its just one of the reasons why I have always got my guns off Ronnie at Factory Paintball.

What did you go for in the end?

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
I got the gtek in the end. Read lots about it. Watched videos of the geo and gtek. Plenty of head ached debating it. First feel is very positive. Haven't been able to shoot it yet but hopefully at some point over the weekend I'll have a play in the garden.

All I want to do is go play now :D

Attachments

smudgerebt

Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
They are a very nice gun. I would say go for a FR back as some paint is small (I have a paint gauge and some paint has been showing 675) and the standard back is 689.

The oled is a nice thing to have, but thats a few boxes of paint and trigger time, so maybe later on.

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
I already have a deadly wind carbon barrel with freak inserts. I am getting the FRBACK in matching hde earth camo from a team member so I should be well sorted for choice :)

crf95

May 31, 2016
North East
I got the gtek in the end. Read lots about it. Watched videos of the geo and gtek. Plenty of head ached debating it. First feel is very positive. Haven't been able to shoot it yet but hopefully at some point over the weekend I'll have a play in the garden.

All I want to do is go play now :D
Good looking setup you've got yourself (y)