Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Midrange marker choice?

Lloydie

Jun 12, 2016
Coventry
I was expecting a good lengthy review of it compared to the etek 4 .
Wow don't cut it !
How did you find the noise level ?
Easy of use ?
Comfort ?
Maintenance ?
Relatablity ?

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
I was expecting a good lengthy review of it compared to the etek 4 .
Wow don't cut it !
How did you find the noise level ?
Easy of use ?
Comfort ?
Maintenance ?
Relatablity ?
to answer your questions lloyd:

It is my first ever new, new marker. shiny new from the shop so there was even more excitement over a 2nd hand marker. I spent all night trying to sleep but I was like a 6yr old at christmas waiting for santa. Annoyed I was that it hadnt arrive by the time I had to leave for work :( but then I received a message from the wife saying "what on earth have you brought now?!" to which I didnt dare reply. She was out for the evening so when I got home it was sat by the front door waiting for me in a plain grey bag. I ran to my room and started ripping through the grey bag to reveal the Gtek box. from there my excitement grew and grew. I assembled it and ended up finding myself take 6 dry shots in my room, 3 with the standard barrel and 3 with my carbon deadly wind. Just to see if I could hear much of a difference but to be honest I didnt. Then my impaitence grew, I had to go for a proper play.

Anyway I managed to get away from the wife on sunday to have a day with my new toy. First impressions were great. The distance between the front and rear hand grip felt really natural. I didnt find myself wanting the distance to be longer or shorter.

To use it was nice and easy. Like a lot of the Planet stuff it was a single button for on and off, and for scrolling through the setting it was that button and the trigger to change anything and to move through the menus. People with slightly bigger fingers may find the button a little tricky as it is set into the grip and is small but again for me it was fine.

The noise level was better than I was expecting. All I had ever heard of one firing was from videos from the net but out on the range and in the field it was a lot quieter than I could of hoped for. I thought the etha was quiet but I am sure this is slightly quieter. Which is what I wanted for my style of play. When I get chance I'll try and get an actual DB reading.

I only had 1 break through the day and that was from dodgy paint as it broke right towards the end of the barrel. I used a mix of paint, some site paint I brought and some I had brought 2nd hand and all of it was fine. The freak kit helped with the accuracy and pretty much every ball landed on target. The firing was so smooth. If it wasnt for people holding there hands up after I shot them I could swear i wasn't even firing. When holding the marker with the bottle to my shoulder whether stood still or on the move I could not feel any recoil. I have a few one handed shots and yes you could feel a small amount but nothing to complain about or throw you off target.

Maintaining it looks easy enough. The bolt pops out easily and everything looks nice and easy to get to and change the o rings. To be honest giving it a clean is still on my list of things to do this week :(

Efficiency, well, very efficient. the site was filling up to 3k psi and I'd head out with 4 full pods (160 rounds) and a full hopper (dye rotor holding 160) and I would find myself coming back with between 1700-2000 psi so more than able to fire nearly 2k paint with a 4.5k fill that people show on the web.

It never let me down all day, never skipped a beat and I didnt want to put it down. Very enjoyable marker to use and one I dont think will be being sold any time soon.

Reactions: dfr350 and Lloydie

Lloydie

Jun 12, 2016
Coventry
That's much better , thank you for taking the time to write all that out .
One more question !?
When can I have a go ?

Adam Marsh

Mar 15, 2016
Personally the best mid range market is the gtek I owned a geo 3 and the gtek shoots just as well
Gtek is a great marker for all situations

Wishy

Nov 20, 2015
I got myself a Gtek (Upgraded from an Etha) i love it and will be running it at R5 this year

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
I've had chance to use it a couple of times now and I can honestly say it gets better every time I use it. I have gone from a carbon deadly wind barrel to a eclipse HDE back which will take freak inserts and for me that has made all the difference. I found with the deadly wind it was just that little bit to long and I was forever concentrating on whether I was about to burry the barrel in the ground or got enough room behind cover. Now it's just natural and feels like an extension of my arm.

It's so quiet and accurate that no one knows where I am and when I shoot I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit my target. I fired 3000 paintballs last weekend, LSA pro, hk premium, some standard field paint, some of which I've had sat around for a while and I only had 1 break right at the end of the day while doing some practise firing on the range.

Great little marker!

Reactions: Pebbles