Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
I will stand corrected

Originally posted by Crusher
Paul

I will admit that I myself have had an outburst on field, I also went back and apologised once I had calmed down. I also think it is unfair to single one team out, but and this is no means disrespectful, if someone mentions arguements and fighting at MM events 1 team comes to mind. This is wrong I know but usualy the assumption is correct. It is a sorry state of affairs and someone may be allowing the others to get tarred with the same brush.

In one aspect sincere apologies and regret might help, you know the red mist etc.

Sorry if I am biased, I don't know everything!
Fair enough, when I divulge my infamous wiping story which I witnessed whilst marshalling people can guess the team, sad but true!

Paul
:)

mark5evo

Just and Old Git
May 19, 2002
UK - Midlands
I have made my thought sknown previously on this forum about teddy throwing etc. and have made it clear that responsibility for this behaviour lays squarely with the players and not the MM crew.

The MM series is a truely fantastic event with some superb teams not just in terms of ability but also in terms of characters who will go out of their way to help others. To be without the MM would be a tragic blow for paintball in the UK and I wonder if it would ever recover to where it is now.

The MM crew have invested significant time, money and effort to provide us all with a series that means something. We the players now run the risk of failing Mark and each other so we need to take a long hard look at ourselves and start creating a positive image.

I am sure the DC will act in the most appropriate way but feel that we need to agree measures that can be enforced on the day that will penalise teams there and then. As I know how frustrsating it can be to speak about what is wrong without suggesting any fixes, I have included some ideas below which may be good or not ?

1.) Foul and abusive language - Pulled and banned from next game, can have a team sub play in your place but not a player from another team guesting. (yellow card)

2.) Confrontation with a Marshall after the game - banned from playing the next game with no sub allowed. (red card)

3.) Wipping - pulled with normal penalty and banned from rest of tounament with no sub allowed (red card)

I also feel it might be a good idea to have a marshall watch from outside the field of play as from my experience it is a lot easier to see playing on, wipping etc.

What is most important though is that we all try to avoid these situations happening in the first place and I think it is us players who are ultimately responsible for whether the MM survives or not.

twinkle toes

Spud eating?? Never!!!
Sep 14, 2001
Nottingham.
Visit site
I will stand corrected

Originally posted by Crusher

.....if someone mentions arguements and fighting at MM events 1 team comes to mind. ......
To be fair Simon , that is not entirely true.
There is at least one more team that does it regularly.

...I dont think you'd need many guesses to work it out either.

Blakey , the DC are all sat waiting to back you up.
If someone is causing you this much stress , its your series ,
dont allow them to play again.

I seem to remember it being a general rule that ANY physical violence resulted in an instant BAN. Your motto has always been ' we dont take no **** '. So , why should you start now? Are you going to let 1 or 2 teams spoil what you have built up? Are you going to let them ruin the game you love? Ban the bad ones , and enjoy your series with all the good ones. It really is that simple.
The rest of the teams who play the Midlands Masters will stand by you for doing it too.

Just my opinion Blakey ;) .

lothlorien7646

Free as a bird
Mar 19, 2002
My own world
This does indeed need to be sorted out and quickly, the sport is growing and starting albeit slowly to be recognised by more and more people.

The incident at Ancaster was appalling but they are sadly becoming more and more the norm. Just look at Lasoya in France so it's not just our little corner of the globe. If we lead by example as a whole with the DC representing our views we can stop this now or at least cut it down to a minimum. Perhaps we can't influence the rest of the paintballing world but should we let that stop us?

Sure we've had heated moments on the field, but 20 seconds later were are walking off laughing and joking with the other team. Many people only see what happens on the field, they don't see the overnight gatherings, partys or the laughs we have with our mates in the staging areas or off the field. So it is here we need to concentrate, we play hard but we should play fair, and any team not doing so needs to face upto themselves and accept the consequences, for the good of everyone.

On a personal note, my wife plays for SAD FA, and until she joined them had never picked up a marker in her life. Blakey, SAD FA, the MM Crew and all the other SAD lads have looked after her and encouraged her at every opportunity. A nicer bunch of people would be hard to find in paintball or out of it for that matter. To lose this and the work and dedication they put in would be an utter tradegy for paintball, and is something we should not underestimate the impact of.

My message is don't give in Blakey you have everyone on this board and I'd say 99.9% if not 100% of everyone who comes to your events behind you.

neill

Sep 22, 2002
Visit site
i cant believe that blakey may quit.i have personally known mark for over ten years .we both played for new teams in the early 90s marks team sad and my first team the marauders.and both teams were new to tourney ball and were on occasions the whipping boys but we played the sport as it was meant for FUN.
MARKS PRINCIPLE WAS AND STILL IS TO PLAY FAIR AND HAVE FUN.

and over the years the team of sad went in different directions of losing players and sponsors etc but the orginal aim of the team was set in concrete with some of his better players trying to be poached by other teams but fair play to the majority the stayed true to mark.

then came marks retirement so he could manage the team and deal with the sponsorship portfolio for the team(quite in impressive if you ask me for a team whose greatest achievement is their fair play not RESULTS).At about the same time 1998 mark and the boys put on a new tourney series especially for the complete novices so they could get a taste of tourney ball without the demorolizing of have there arses kicked by the big boys(that had happened to us years earlier).and his reason for this to bring in new players into the scence to keep the sport he loves going.
it could be a very sad day for the uks paintball scene if mark and his boys call their brainchild off because where are all these teams going to play on a sunday if it goes and how will we compete with the likes of european teams if another series goes the brit scene is not as good as it was ten years ago with tourneys on with big names competing week in week out.you may not like the events or the team or whatever but ballers need to support this and other events to keep the game alive for all us budding robbos ledzs etc
on a personal note i would like to say to mark and all of sad especially all the old school boys is well done youve come along way your way and thanks for tourneys and the playing dont let the *******s get you down and keep it going for yourselves and the rest of us it is appreciated by the majority
laters
neill formerly of the marauders circa 1992 now guestin for dusted monkey:)

undertaker

ANGEL SPORTS and LIPS
Dec 15, 2001
Nuneaton
MM

Guys let's not let this get out of hand here, I cannot praise Blakey enough for all the help and advice that he has given me and the team so lets not pile all of this on his shoulders as to what the outcome should be.
WE the paintballers of the MM put forward a Disciplinary Commitee to care of our sport that we all love, let us therefore put the matter before them and everybody abide by the outcome of their decision. From that point forward let us all work towards improving our sport, the majority of us playing are adults let us behave like adults and raise the standards to levels where people want to copy the MM for being leaders in the sport of paintball in a league that is free of any anti social behaviour and is self disciplined has skill and competition but most of all is enjoyable to play in. IT IS OUR SPORT LET US KEEP IT AS SPORT.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by mark5evo
As I know how frustrsating it can be to speak about what is wrong without suggesting any fixes, I have included some ideas below which may be good or not ?

1.) Foul and abusive language - Pulled and banned from next game, can have a team sub play in your place but not a player from another team guesting. (yellow card)

2.) Confrontation with a Marshall after the game - banned from playing the next game with no sub allowed. (red card)

3.) Wipping - pulled with normal penalty and banned from rest of tounament with no sub allowed (red card)

I also feel it might be a good idea to have a marshall watch from outside the field of play as from my experience it is a lot easier to see playing on, wipping etc.

Well I personally think they are all great suggestions - works for football so there's no need to be re-inventing the wheel.

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
they may appear good suggestions and im not saying there not , but they could prove to be unpractical.

if the person is banned from next game by a marshal on one field whats to stop them going on another field? no one checks who's who so they could easily get away with it. pulling people and banning them for swearing would have an awful lot of people banned- which would then more then likely have more arguments etc that would follow

would not work you couldnt ban someone for wiping you would have a uproar -- a warning would do or a minus 25pts to there scores

just my 2 cents