Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mids Masters In The Balance

Dear Mark and crew,

Keep your chins up the UKPL commitee is with you the MM disaplinery commitee is with you and so are a great many of your players. It is really sad and demoralizing when things like this happen it makes you wonder why you do it but just read the posts look how many of you player attend month in month out. They want to come to the parties they want to support the events.

It is only a small minority who spoil our events you have years of sucessfull events behind you rember this and lets make this unfortunate situation a thing of the past. Deal with it move on and hopefully deter players from repeting it.

If all else fails lots of cups of tea hugs nad cookies or reach for the hard stuff a re run of bowling and beers much and lots of :)

mark5evo

Just and Old Git
May 19, 2002
UK - Midlands
Lee,

I agree with your sentiments totally - Mark is well aware that I support his and the MM crews efforts and will continue to do so.

The point of my earlier thread was mearly to suggest some options for a future series (should it go ahead) I always find it helps to offer a suggestion rather than just to say we need to do something about it.

This is my first year playing paintball and as many of you know my 13 year old plays for Dusted Munky too - During this season I am happy to say that I have never been involved in a game where teddys have been thrown by either side, or had a Marshalls call questioned.

Blakey, the MM crew, you and various other teams/individuals have been instrumental in making this series a pleasure to play in and one where my son is made to feel part of the "family" despite his age. I am as determind as the next person to support Blakey and the series to ensure it is around next year and for many years to come as I believe strongly that the MM can achieve greatness :)

Finally and this is for Blakey - you have a big family out here Mark and one that will move heaven and earth to support you and the series, if you need our help just ask, I think you will surprised to see how many come running :) Keep your chin up and see you at MM8.

neil mochan

turtle
Jun 17, 2003
Cannock
Visit site
guys, i would just like to say that mm is a great event,and i'm sure that nobody wants to loose it. I played for cp red in m25 and i think its just as good if not better. everyone in the south thinks that the north has great teams and leagues lets not prove then wrong. blakey everyone is behind you.

Jersey Woody

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
At about the same time 1998 mark and the boys put on a new tourney series especially for the complete novices so they could get a taste of tourney ball without the demorolizing of have there arses kicked by the big boys(that had happened to us years earlier).and his reason for this to bring in new players into the scence to keep the sport he loves going.
Our team is fairly new with most of our members playing for less than a year and our first taste of what a tournament and super air ball was like, was in the Midland Masters round 5. If the above statement is what Blakey wanted then it has worked certainly in our case. The marshalling was good, we were little concerned that the marshalling may be overly aggressive but it was fair and decisions were well explained. We came fifth in Division F but thoroughly enjoyed the experience and some of our players were seriously bitten by the tournament bug. So much so that we travelled again from Jersey, Channel Islands to play in round 7 of this tournament. Here we met people who I think is what this sport is all about. On the Saturday night we met Steve from the Chameleons who helped us improve our field walking skills. Then on the day of the tournament he continued to give us advice and encouragement. More people helped us out as the day went on. Just before our second last game one of our markers experienced an air problem as it was being tested by the marshal. We had already used our spare marker and looked like we were going to be a marker down but Mark from the UK Jaguars who was watching from the sideline gave us his marker. These people from higher divisions did not need to help us entry level people but they did and this I think (hope) is paintball.

I would be very sorry that if the tournament does not continue next year then other entry level people will not experience the pleasure of a Midland Masters tournament. We enjoyed playing in the Midland Masters and would like to say thanks for Blakey and his team for putting this great tournament on its appreciated.

Woody
Hostile Takeover B

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
We had one great tournament organiser driven out by the bad behavior of teams in the past - Doug Setters - and that nearly killed tournament paintball in the south east for years. The last thing we want is for that to happen again.

I've noticed that behavior in general at domestic tourneys seems to have deteriorated over the last year or so. The rules and penalties haven't really changes, the format hasn't changed, there's still the same sort of quality of refs, the quality of the venues has improved dramatically in recent years. So why all this bad behavior by the players? We all get a bit heated at times but there's no excuse for physical violence or some of the verbal abuse I've seen recently.

Mark - please don't give up. We've got the UKPL now so just about every established event will be backing you up on whatever decision the DC makes on this incident. A couple more year-long bans from all the major series should soon make the players learn to behave a bit better!

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Mark and MM and all MM players.

Let's put this one behind us and move on. One thing about being so passionate about the sport is that, sometimes, idiot behaviour from other people that jepodises your efforts can be heartbreaking. The only way to deal with it is to accept what happened, lay the blame where it really belongs and continue doing the great job you know you have been doing.

As Sparklie and Liz have said mate, the UKPL and you're own DC are behind you 150%. If the team/player needs penalising, it will be.

People have nothing but good words to say about Mark and the MM... respect!

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Id go with the majority and say to Blakey that we really need organisers and top blokes like him in the UK paintball scene :D
Lets not have a few peoples idiocy have this effect...........I look forward to MM 2K4 :)

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
Come on guys... keep the MM going!! I've only had the pleasure of playing 2 MM events this year, and when I eventually get my shiznick sorted, I wanna play the best series again!!

If you don't, I'll cry. Then you'll be sad.....

D.

Flaming Dave

Mar 26, 2002
North East UK
groups.msn.com
I would like to add a few words on behalf of DV8.

we played our 1st MM event in Feb 2002, we have also played other events aswell during this period, I personnally find the atmosphere at the MM events to be a more friendly and enjoyable than at some. Even with most of the same teams attending i find that they are more willing to assist and talk among the other teams. This is what tourny paintball is about yes we want to shoot the crap out of each other but still want to have a laugh and a beer with the same people. i will be very dissapointed if the MM series was not to continue for many years to come not just the next season. The MM organisers have always put the players requirements as a priorty and have exceeded our expectations and desires over the last 12 months. How can this be just reward for the people that make it possible for us to play the sport that we are all so passionate about, if our actions or inactions lead to folding of THE best series to play.

I would also like to add that over the last year myself and the rest of the team have made some great friends within the paintball community and this again is all down to the facilities and atmosphere created at these events, this is down to the organisation and the players themselves we cannot and must not allow the MM to fold lets just enjoy ourselves at rd 8 and get back to what paintball is all about.