Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millenium field design software ??????

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
I've used Maya to do field layouts. It's $2k a license, but you can download a free learning copy as long as you don't mind a big watermark on it. Be prepared to spend some time learning how to use it though, and you're going to need a fairly good computer (it's too slow on my laptop to bearably use).

Bicas

Jan 25, 2003
Portugal
www.bunker-kids.com
Hi! I design layouts on portugal about 5 years and i have my software!!you can see at any angle and its possible to make videos with the passage that to want! I will tray to help you......

look at:

Bicas
Bunker-kids

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I've used Maya to do field layouts. It's $2k a license, but you can download a free learning copy as long as you don't mind a big watermark on it. Be prepared to spend some time learning how to use it though, and you're going to need a fairly good computer (it's too slow on my laptop to bearably use).
Max is easier for quickly knocking stuff out in my opnion. Admitedly i havn't touched Maya for a few version numbers but i always found poly modeling simpler and more user friedly in Max. Also there is generally slightly more support for max both online and books. You can pick up old version Max books for discount rates.

Its not rocket science to stumble over a err, 'special' copy of Max out there on the interweb if you know what i mean. Or maybe send me a PM....

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Its not rocket science to stumble over a err, 'special' copy of Max out there on the interweb if you know what i mean. Or maybe send me a PM....

now i dont usually go looking for arguments but werent you busy lambasting people the other day for even thinking of possibly getting a hacked copy of GHTP:Maxed?

Now it seems your positively OFFERING copies of this Design software?

Strikes me as being somewhat hypocritical, and soemthing best left to PM's if at all.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
now i dont usually go looking for arguments but werent you busy lambasting people the other day for even thinking of possibly getting a hacked copy of GHTP:Maxed?

Now it seems your positively OFFERING copies of this Design software?

Strikes me as being somewhat hypocritical, and soemthing best left to PM's if at all.
I do agree that you have a point, yeah double standards but i object to video game piracy mainly because I've worked in the biz myself and know how hard some people work and how tight the margins can be. Also when refering to a title like GHTP its not exactly gonna get record breaking sales and it needs every possible purchase it can get from its core audience. Warped logic maybe, but that's the way i take it.

And of us the main kicker is, video game = £30 approx.... Aforementioned design software = £2000 or there abouts. Unless you get a student license but if that was something you were eligible for then you'd probably already have one (i had a student version of Max 5). Not being able to afford enterprise graphics software is one thing, not being bothered to spend less money than 2 cases of paint on a video game is a bit weaker.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Typcally, I agree with you and like i said not picking a fight just wondering what your stance was.

I'm sure the people who design this software work hard too though (well as hard as computery type stuff can be ! )