Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Apathy !

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Hi UK Paintballers,

It is less than two weeks before Campaign starts and it looks like the turn out from the UK teams is poor to say the least, why?

Have you not decide as yet if you are playing - if thats the case you had better be quick.
Why am I bothered if you play at all! well as much as I believe the Millennium Series is lacking in some areas at the moment I do believe nothing else can come close to the experience you will have anywhere in Europe.
The M5's is one of the cheapest ways of participating in the biggest event to be played in the UK and I believe all teams should have the experience of playing at least the home major event.

Also I have been informed that if the uptake of the London event is poor the Millennium commission will move the event out of the UK to a place where they can attract the teams.
Do you all want that! hopefully not so talk to your team mates and fill in this form.

http://www.millennium-series.com/teams.php?team=register

Teams keep bragging about how they want to play the big events, well now it's time for the UK to put up - or shut up.......

Russ

PS: I am also trying to get a private booth where all the UK M5 teams can come and get advice from Robbo, or maybe I could just get a looped tape saying "Fack off" to save you the bother:)

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
Nice recruitment drive there.;)

But i think money is the main problem for alot of the UK teams. It works out at £80 per player for the entry fee, and even in m5 you are going to be shooting a fair bit of paint. Say you shoot 5 boxes over the weekend, 5 x £30 = £150.

£150+80 = £230

Then you have hotel, travel and food/drink costs.

you could be getting on for £400 - £500. Just for one tournament. But for a normal 7 man Uk masters event it would be about £100 including all your paint.

My 2p

Ant UK Ref

Apr 4, 2007
Manchester, England
Virtue trust me dude, Russ is NOT recruiting for the Millenium. It's more a case of as he has posted, so many UK teams claim to be big, well go and prove it against some of the best teams in Europe.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Nice recruitment drive there.;)

But i think money is the main problem fro alot of the UK teams. It works out at £80 per player for the entry fee, and even in m5 you are going to be shooting a fair bit of paint. Say you shoot 5 boxes over the weekend, 5 x £30 = £150.

£150+80 = £230

Then you have hotel, travel and food/drink costs.

you could be getting on for £400 - £500. Just for one tournament. But for a normal 7 man Uk masters event it would be about £100 including all your paint.

My 2p
No you see, that argument is always flawed for two main reasons:

One: With the M5 event you are playing over two days - so that's more like a two day Masters events (at your calculations, that would be £200 + Hotels, food etc. or it's only £30 more to play Campaign!).

Two: With all due respect to ALL the UK promoters, but the Millennium Series offers so much more than any Domestic Tournament could hope to afford to stage, everything from a Trade village (not just a couple of stands), a MUCH higher level of Competition and higher standard of Reffing, the atmosphere - especially in the stands during the finals, the list is huge.

If you're not interested in improving your game, that's fine - but you really are missing out if you never play a Millennium because it'll cost you £30 more.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I cant even be arsed to read this thread....

Clan did HB this year, unfortunately that pretty much ruled out Campaign ...and without sounding like the standard moaner it's too far away for even a visit this year .we played it last year and it was one of the best times i've ever had playing paintball...spent most of it in the bar.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm afraid the inevitable truth of the matter has just been suggested.
We cannot produce any top teams who have a real clue as to what to do or where to go and it is for the very same root reason that we now see this malaise when it comes to UK teams.
We haven't got the required number of people who wanna play serious, we haven't got the required expertise or dedication and not enough teams who wanna back up their mouth by at least trying to step up to the Millennium plate.
Truth is, we don't deserve a Millennium here but if you are looking toward the Millennium Board to the do the right thing for the right reasons, here's some pretty good advice :

Walk outside your house, work out which way the winds blowing and then face toward it, undo your zipper and start pissing........:rolleyes:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
No you see, that argument is always flawed for two main reasons:

One: With the M5 event you are playing over two days - so that's more like a two day Masters events (at your calculations, that would be £200 + Hotels, food etc. or it's only £30 more to play Campaign!).

Two: With all due respect to ALL the UK promoters, but the Millennium Series offers so much more than any Domestic Tournament could hope to afford to stage, everything from a Trade village (not just a couple of stands), a MUCH higher level of Competition and higher standard of Reffing, the atmosphere - especially in the stands during the finals, the list is huge.

If you're not interested in improving your game, that's fine - but you really are missing out if you never play a Millennium because it'll cost you £30 more.

Thats not necessarily accurate as you still only get the same amount of games.

Millennium events are a lot more expensive, and that is just one of those things. You either pay it or you don't.

You don't get the opportunity to play the best Europe has to offer every month at the Masters (no disrespect intended to the Masters tournament of course!)

I have no chance of becoming a top player in a top team, but i will still go and play the millenium events, it helps me to become as good as i can be, challenges me plus I get to watch the cream of Europe in the CPL for free.

I think the general problem is that the likes of the Masters is too accessible for smaller teams. Not a bad thing i hear you say, however when it comes to the point when there is one "big" event held it is simply easier for the lazy teams not to travel and wait for their next Masters/NSPL/PA/Whatever balling fix.