Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Apathy !

gfresh666

Nov 3, 2001
PA USA
Visit site
uk teams may not care?

But to Phillydogs, this series do have a value, even though half of the players there hate the guy's for no good reason. Yesterday late Afternoon we got a call from Rocky that 2 of his guy's pulled out. Within 2 hours and at great cost 2 of the guys were told they are going, for the team not to show was huge we want to win the series, and it will be tough as the 2 guy's will land atabout 11am and have to be at the field by 6.00pm to play.

What this post is about is how much our guys believe that to win the series is important and they regard the win as a major achievement. Where has English pride and enthusiasim gone, I am English I am proud of the work I do for Philly Americans even though it takes up 3 out 4 week ends a month, I would still love to see a English team come forth and challenge all of Europe.

By the way Peter be nice, I am not as gifted with words as you.

G.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
But to Phillydogs, this series do have a value, even though half of the players there hate the guy's for no good reason. Yesterday late Afternoon we got a call from Rocky that 2 of his guy's pulled out. Within 2 hours and at great cost 2 of the guys were told they are going, for the team not to show was huge we want to win the series, and it will be tough as the 2 guy's will land atabout 11am and have to be at the field by 6.00pm to play.

What this post is about is how much our guys believe that to win the series is important and they regard the win as a major achievement. Where has English pride and enthusiasim gone, I am English I am proud of the work I do for Philly Americans even though it takes up 3 out 4 week ends a month, I would still love to see a English team come forth and challenge all of Europe.

G.
Apologises if this has been said before
Think the major problem with this years Campaign is the date and when that date was decided. This weekend is probably the worst one to pick due to UK holidays, which is unfortunate. If this date can be confirmed earlier next year then Campaign will have more local teams, as they will be more prepared for it being in July and not September.

Wish all the UK teams well this weekend.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

G.

Far be it from me to take responsibility for being 'better with words' as you call it but I am kinda confused after reading your post Grays.
Are you trying to tell us that the Philly Americans value winning the Millennium Series more than we do?

In the scheme of things, the Millennium, in terms of hierarchy is 3rd in the rankings, well behind the NXL / PSP and NPPL.
The Yanks have always liked coming over here for various reasons (basically it's a jolly) but I doubt very much the lure of donning a Millennium champions medal is gonna be the clincher ...a few more considerations jostle for position in front of that I'm afraid.

A lot of us would love to see a Brit team (populated by just Brits) contest with the best but I am afraid that time has slipped past and with the way the industry is shaping up at the moment, there is no way we are gonna reproduce our heydays.

gfresh666

Nov 3, 2001
PA USA
Visit site
apathy

Far be it from me to take responsibility for being 'better with words' as you call it but I am kinda confused after reading your post Grays.
Are you trying to tell us that the Philly Americans value winning the Millennium Series more than we do?

In the scheme of things, the Millennium, in terms of hierarchy is 3rd in the rankings, well behind the NXL / PSP and NPPL.
The Yanks have always liked coming over here for various reasons (basically it's a jolly) but I doubt very much the lure of donning a Millennium champions medal is gonna be the clincher ...a few more considerations jostle for position in front of that I'm afraid.

A lot of us would love to see a Brit team (populated by just Brits) contest with the best but I am afraid that time has slipped past and with the way the industry is shaping up at the moment, there is no way we are gonna reproduce our heydays.[/Q

Sorry to hear that Pete. With respect you are the only one that tried, my guys look forward to all the tournaments and what I was trying to explain is that we fly 3000 + miles to play in Europe and reading all the posts it seems a shame that a lot more English teams are not playing. I have not heard but I hope Todd and Fatty got in this morning they had to fly overnight and I think they play at 6.00pm your time.

Regards old friend oops( fine aged refined person):p

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Apologises if this has been said before
Think the major problem with this years Campaign is the date and when that date was decided. This weekend is probably the worst one to pick due to UK holidays, which is unfortunate. If this date can be confirmed earlier next year then Campaign will have more local teams, as they will be more prepared for it being in July and not September.
British teams know that there is going to be only one 'event' in Britain and if they want to play it should be planning accordingly.
What would have happened if it was the 1st mill event of the season ? Would the British representation been even more sparse at what is their Home match?
Teams who want to play CC08 get planning now.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
British teams know that there is going to be only one 'event' in Britain and if they want to play it should be planning accordingly.
What would have happened if it was the 1st mill event of the season ? Would the British representation been even more sparse at what is their Home match?
Teams who want to play CC08 get planning now.
Yes but I think the date change caught people by surprise and only some teams could adapt. Problems with holidays is they are hard to change once booked especially when there are other parties to consider and the date change was just too late for some people