Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium - Barcelona/Costa Dorada - April 8-10

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Things seem to have changed a little in Spain since the last time, when the biggest issue was an ash cloud emanating from Iceland!

I detected some jitters from the vendors etc. on Thursday/Friday when the police were doing the rounds of the site, there were a couple of things that I am aware of but not at liberty to discuss that happened over the weekend, I don't think the MS knew of, or expected what has happened today at the airport.

It would appear that, from a bit of internet research, players should have possibly had some form of temporary permit authorised by the local municipality in order to play over the weekend. This may have been addressed by a blanket permit granted to the MS as an an event. Obviously, the travel issue is a separate one. As the law seems to have changed in December then this weekend would have been very much a test of it.

From what I have seem, teams that decided to take early flights got some of their bags scanned and detected, bringing the issue to light. As far as I know, nobody has had a gun confiscated or destroyed, they have just been delayed by the customs/security process.

Reactions: shoaibaktar

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
They want me to ship my gun cases separate from my kit bag.

None of the cops know what to do. This is a total cluster

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
This whole process is so broken. Spent the last 30 minutes trying to check in. Airline has no idea wtf to do. Police part was easy. Asked for passport, filled out a form and done. Check in guy is super confused about it being a firearm.

He's been on the phone with someone for 20+ minutes chatting away not getting anywhere. Because it's not a real firearm but the police are calling it one. Airlines and cops can't figure it out. Jesus what a nightmare.

I have to believe the backlash from this is going to be massive.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
350 euro to rebook on a different airline because BA won't take firearms without a three day advanced notice.

Awesome. Also going to be late for conferences by 3 hours for work

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Face full saying markers were taken and destroyed. Which seems odd...

Wonder if it's true or not. Either way doesn't look like we're going to Spain next year

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Now I know I am probably going to get some flak for this and i know the millennium have their faults but why does every one blame them for this.
Are they not adults?
Do they not have the ability to use Google?
Should they not take responsibility for themselves, their kit and possessions?
Now I am sure the millennium board had the necessary permits for the tourney to take place as both the mayor and the police were on site over the weekend but these won't cover any player for travelling.