Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Bitburg Thread

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Marchello wasn't in Germany, I doubt you'll see him play another MS this year now he is no longer on the Ironmen roster either.
With him leaving the Dye US's main factory team (Ironmen) as they no longer have a league to play (my guess is they are not allowed to play NXL along with any other Dye sponsored pro teams) he would also cease to play for Comin At Ya who are a Dye Europe factory team.

Reactions: Spikerz and Bolter

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
You are correct all the above teams play the Millenniums without any US pro players on their roster, but then again look at their results so far.
Tigers 12th in Bitburg and 12th overall in CPL
Nexus 16th in Bitburg and 16th overall in CPL
Disruption 5th in Bitburg and 11th overall in SPL1
Outcast 21st in Bitburg and 19th overall in SPL1

Compared this to Manchester InFirmous who were 2nd in Bitburg and are 2nd overall SPL1 with two US players.

Seems to me it's an "if you cannot beat them you have to join them" situation.
Totally take your point .I was merely pointing out not "everyone does it" .If the Empire players were supplied ,they probably would have at least been offered to Tigers who are also Empire. .It is more a case of cannot, afford them rather than beat them. This also proves what a stupid idea the 500 paint idea is .Teams that hire pros ,pay 400Euros an hour for mills practice,are obviously not that concerned with their paint bill.So teams who can afford to buy an edge will continue to top leagues and money will continue to be a defining feature in paintball ,as in motorsport and other sports.

Reactions: Marc0

spsimon

Manchester Firm OG
Oct 9, 2006
@shoaibaktar Is it that obvious? 90% of our team are under 25 I can promise you that alot of us are concerned with the bills.
We are lucky enough to receive great support from Empire with them even making us their UK Factory Team. This differs us from tigers as they are empire/eclipse. Without this great support we get I don't think we would be able to play as others would probably agree.
The players have sacrificed alot to commit to the season and be able to play week in week out. At the end of the day we are just a group of friends that like to play paintball, but rest assured we don't have bottomless pockets.

Last edited:

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
@shoaibaktar Is it that obvious? 90% of our team are under 25 I can promise you that alot of us are concerned with the bills.
We are lucky enough to receive great support from Empire with them even making us their UK Factory Team. This differs us from tigers as they are empire/eclipse. Without this great support we get I don't think we would be able to play as others would probably agree.
The players have sacrificed alot to commit to the season and be able to play week in week out. At the end of the day we are just a group of friends that like to play paintball, but rest assured we don't have bottomless pockets.
If you read the piece on costs ,I do not name any specific team . But it is not an unreasonable conclusion to come to,from the volountary ,taking on of the extra expenses. Since you feel you fall into this category ,whatever your age demographic ,I'll just say you're certainly not the first and wo'nt be the last to "throw the farm " at winning. The costs points were made as a reference to the 500 economy point. Bear in mind the last winners Hulk are no more after moving from mid table to winners .I remember Tigers SPL season ,going past 5 star twice fairly comfortably.Now they have splashed out and moved to the "Hulk " spot .Marco in his comparison of your success compared to the all Brit ,British teams only highlights my 500 paint point.

Last edited:

chavette

Jun 29, 2007
manchester
www.facebook.com
If some of you were given the opportunity to have pro players on your team you would take it, i certainly would and i would use their expertise to better myself as a player as well as my team. The Manchester firm work really hard as many other teams do as well. would we really be having the discussion about another uk team that had pro players,probably not it seems that certain people/teams like to bash the manchester firm at every opportunity, It would be nice if the teams supported each other instead of bitching about one another

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I agree, @chavette. Like I said at post #55, if another team was given the chance to have a couple of Yanks play for them, they'd jump at the chance.

Winning is all about having an edge.

Reactions: chavette

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
If you read the piece on costs ,I do not name any specific team . But it is not an unreasonable conclusion to come to,from the volountary ,taking on of the extra expenses. Since you feel you fall into this category ,whatever your age demographic ,I'll just say you're certainly not the first and wo'nt be the last to "throw the farm " at winning. The costs points were made as a reference to the 500 economy point. Bear in mind the last winners Hulk are no more after moving from mid table to winners .I remember Tigers SPL season ,going past 5 star twice fairly comfortably.Now they have splashed out and moved to the "Hulk " spot .Marco in his comparison of your success compared to the all Brit ,British teams only highlights my 500 paint point.
You don't half chat ****. What does any of this even say?