Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Changes

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
in Many cases marshall intimidation is not what my point was about.

Having marshalled so many events I'm sure you know what it is like to have a lot of people try and put a point to you at the same time, many of whom were not close to the action or not invloved.

Any good marshal in such circumstances just cuts it down to the players concerned and the captain. This rule makes it easier to do that.

It makes it easier to Marshal, this means marshals will start enjoying their job more without getting so much **** off of whinging players that were not involved in the issue. This means more people will be willing to Marshal... This means the level of marshalling will go up... this means we may not need the blind dead box zones, wahoo!!!!

We do not have enough strong marshalls at the moment so this is an interim solution on the road to getting things better and to the ideal position, We need better marshalls to take our sport forward and we need less aggro on the field to make out sport acceptable to the public.

but unfortunately we are not in this position at the moment. I hope we will be in the future but we are not now. So how do we attract a good proffessional group of marshalls? we make it easier for them to do their job without interference. Sometimes marshalls will make bad calls, that is part of the game unfortunately.

The only people that I think will suffer from this are as you say some beginner teams that need their dead players to see how much they got wrong, but again each individual player can do this for themselves and players still on the field when their guys screwed up can do it also. The other sufferers will be teams that like to whinge and whin and try to influence marshalls. Oh and losing teams who will spend all their time behind the screens :) an incentive for them to get better no?

manike

markt

Jul 11, 2001
South London
Visit site
Agreeing to disagree

Nick - not the first time you have had to do that!!!!!:D

Mind you it must be the first time it wasnt me you are agreeing to disagree!!!

See Y'all

Mark T, Rushers

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
:D I dig the idea of having an area where DEAD players cannot interfere with the play as we all know this happens all too often, ruining what may have been a great game. BUT!! I agree with Nick Luel to some extent on the subject of watching your team mates finish off the game. Being able to see your buddies mop up or lose adds to the excitement and the learning curve of your team in general, taking that away will add an element of confusion when trying to de-brief with your team-mates after a game. A kind of sin-bin area is a great idea, you can watch AND be kept away from the playing area. Best of both worlds if you ask me. :D