Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Malaga SPL and Div 1 CANCELLED!

Pigeon

Save a Drum, Beat a Box
Mar 23, 2009
Chester, Cheshire
www.facebook.com
Surely they cant justify cancelling it completely, re-schedule due to unforseen weather then fair enough, its a pain but nothin you can change!

I dont see how they can cancel it completely?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
As Dusty has already suggested, perhaps the Millennium organisation will switch things and make Paris a scoring event and Malaga a non-scoring one.

But we are still left with a lot of players who have paid a lot of money and sacrificed a lot to be out there.

Perhaps some sort of goodwill gesture could be made to the teams by way of a discounted entry to a future event.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
As Dusty has already suggested, perhaps the Millennium organisation will switch things and make Paris a scoring event and Malaga a non-scoring one.

But we are still left with a lot of players who have paid a lot of money and sacrificed a lot to be out there.

Perhaps some sort of goodwill gesture could be made to the teams by way of a discounted entry to a future event.
You've been nosying on our forum haven't you ;)

Anyhow, yes it is really ****ty for the teams who are out there, I would have been there only my baby is due in less than a week, possibly within the next 24 hours.

I would hope that they will turn Paris into a scoring event, as it is usually very well attended, and more importantly, fairly accessible for all teams.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
but surely they can be blamed for the netting thats blowing everywhere as they have strapped it to an inflatbale arena?
That depends - how much wind?

High wind at Chicago Open last year destroyed three fields of poles in about 2 minutes.... so netting blowing everywhere is preferable to snapping steel.

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
tough titties, but then div1 and spl are locked so the teams are commited to all events

Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost per team/per player to enter the Millenium?
If you take into the account the amount of entrance, training, travel, hotels, paint, food and the UK events which we played in the build up to get our guys ready for Malaga, your talking in the Thousands for the whole team.

Now imagine spreading that cost between a few players. Thats going to hurt anyone financialy... unless if you won the lottery