Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Malaga SPL and Div 1 CANCELLED!

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
That's a big kick in the balls for you guys and girls that are out there, but the safety of the players has to come first surely and secondly I don't believe to my knowledge that the Millennium can change the weather, so no point blaming them for that.
I am not sure what to think to be honest, fair enough the weather cant be helped but when we are sat there for hours not being told any thing its kinda sucks, and the rumours that are flying about are that the MS made a **** up of this because the new concept fields things they are using were sposed to have some kind of roof or some thing on it to make it stronger but they forgot it and only one field was sposed to be done with this new stuff and the rest with normal netting which they forgot to get back from iran from the palms tournament, but this is all rumours so who knows if it was ture but come s from a very good sorce.

You've been nosying on our forum haven't you ;)

Anyhow, yes it is really ****ty for the teams who are out there, I would have been there only my baby is due in less than a week, possibly within the next 24 hours.

I would hope that they will turn Paris into a scoring event, as it is usually very well attended, and more importantly, fairly accessible for all teams.

The paris would be the wrong way togo about things, the reson being is that if you are in say div1 you have to play a spl and a cpl team which might be good to play them but if you didnt win and dropped points because of it but you were 100% in sunday for this event really doesnt really seem fair.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
The paris would be the wrong way togo about things, the reson being is that if you are in say div1 you have to play a spl and a cpl team which might be good to play them but if you didnt win and dropped points because of it but you were 100% in sunday for this event really doesnt really seem fair.
Thats a fair point, but at least they have the option of running Paris as a "normal" format ie instead of Malaga. It isn't too late to change it.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I don't think there are any local fields. Anyway, the likelyhood of them being able to cope with that is low, nevermind the fact you still won't be getting away from the original problem of the wind.

markfenton

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2005
East Sussex
Taken off the Mil website: Sorry if this has already been posted.

25 of April, 2009
Fuengirola Beach Cup NEWS

Due to the adverse weather condition today in Fuengirola, we will move to an emergency rosta for tomorrow. Based on current weather forecasts, it is our intention to complete all Division 2 & 3 games tomorrow starting at 8.00 am and complete the last CPL preliminary rounds starting at 14:00. Unfortunately it will be impossible to complete any further SPL & Div 1 games. All uncompleted games will take place in Bitburg. We appologies for any inconvenience caused but this circumstance is beyond our control.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Strong winds, heavy rain - sounds just like Manchester.

Oddly enough, we've had warm sunshine here for the last few days.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
Has the wind died down though?
Yep, it´s just raining now.

At least we don´t have to play in the rain:rolleyes::(

As far as we know, it was cancelled because none of the games could be resumed yesterday, meaning there was a lot of prelim games to catch up on, and then all of the Sunday games.