Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Malaga SPL and Div 1 CANCELLED!

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Surely the big failure here is the decision to use "concept" netting in a live tournament, not the weather. Any decisions made after the netting failed were just damage limitation. If 'non-concept' netting held, then it's not enough to blame it on the weather...

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
i know at this moment in time the ms offer the best competition for teams but they are not giving you guys value for money,so it,s about time the teams started to kick off and start handing a bill to the ms for services not provided would you put up with this on holiday or if you bought a new car ,NO so why put up with it know

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
i know at this moment in time the ms offer the best competition for teams but they are not giving you guys value for money,so it,s about time the teams started to kick off and start handing a bill to the ms for services not provided would you put up with this on holiday or if you bought a new car ,NO so why put up with it know
Thats unfair at best. Yes the millennium has been known to be somewhat lacking in certain areas but the weather is at fault. Without the high winds the concept netting would possibly have been hailed as a great thing.

It is bound to have been a hard call, but i think in hindsight they made the right call allowing teams who are possibly only playing one or maybe two events finish their games.

How they deal with the rest of the season should be what you judge them on.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Thats unfair at best. Yes the millennium has been known to be somewhat lacking in certain areas but the weather is at fault. Without the high winds the concept netting would possibly have been hailed as a great thing.

It is bound to have been a hard call, but i think in hindsight they made the right call allowing teams who are possibly only playing one or maybe two events finish their games.

How they deal with the rest of the season should be what you judge them on.
You have to ask yourself though, was any testing done? I mean, you could almost tell just by looking (even in photos) at it that problems were going to happen. A tube, with what is essentially a sail on top of it. Nobody thought alarm bells?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Well, yes to be fair I did think that, but on the flip side, if you had to pick an event to test out something like that based on predicted weather where better than Malaga??

ThreeD

Ramstein Instinct
Sep 29, 2003
Frankfurt/Germany
www.pbhub.de
it is so funny how everbody "knows" what the millennium did wrong and what not. sure they came up with a netting system that is more sensitive to wind then an "usual" netting system - BUT even the traditional netting couldn't stand against the strong winds of saturday afternoon. so it is now on thinking about if this location perhaps isn't the best choice since being on a seaside is always more risky than on a countryside.

for my mind fuengirola is really one of the best locations the millennium series has but again the threat of bad and windy weather can turn the whole event down like it happenend yesterday. so whom to blame? poor netting? no! poor choice of location? don't think so. god? perhaps. ;)

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
Surely the big failure here is the decision to use "concept" netting in a live tournament, not the weather. Any decisions made after the netting failed were just damage limitation. If 'non-concept' netting held, then it's not enough to blame it on the weather...
Actually, I've just got back, and the Div3 field (with standard poles and netting) had also suffered the brunt of the weather, with 2 poles on the end of the field completely buckled beyond repair and the netting down with it during saturday. Many of the other poles were also visibly warped and bent.

We spent a little time in the Joy pit whilst they were waiting to see what was happening on Saturday and the staging area tents took off whilst we were under them, again, about 8-10 of these were pretty much destroyed by the wind (and they'd already taken the canvas off most of them!)

People were wandering round with goggles on simply because so much sand was being blown about and I got the impression that the only reason everyone was kept in the dark about resuming play was to keep the vendors happy and keep everyone milling about and potentially shopping.

In fairness to Millenniums, play couldn't have gone ahead regardless of the bouncy castle/standard netting issue, but more could have been done to keep the players in the loop. They did work all night to get the fields re-laid however and you've gotta respect their staff for the work they put in to try to keep the event on track.