Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Malaga SPL and Div 1 CANCELLED!

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
but surely they can be blamed for the netting thats blowing everywhere as they have strapped it to an inflatbale arena?

I´m sorry if this has been pulled up already, i´ve only got 4 minutes left on my rental computer.

The inflatable fields were the only ones that were able to be taken down and saved from being destroyed.

The m5 field had 6 support poles bent and snapped in two different places, The wind came on so suddenly that they were only able to save one of the netted fields and had to majorly repair the m5.

this isnt really the millenniums fault, It´s an act of god. **** happens.

danrandon

randonphotography.co.uk
Mar 4, 2005
leicester
www.randonphotography.co.uk
Dave must think hos name is john noakes or something.

I feel gutted for Markie C and and the guys who were playing an absolute blinder.

Hell I feel for all the teams, but weather is weather and things like this do happen.

Bunkerkidz

LISBON BENFICA
Thats unfair at best. Yes the millennium has been known to be somewhat lacking in certain areas but the weather is at fault. Without the high winds the concept netting would possibly have been hailed as a great thing.

It is bound to have been a hard call, but i think in hindsight they made the right call allowing teams who are possibly only playing one or maybe two events finish their games.

How they deal with the rest of the season should be what you judge them on.
The new concept netting has absolutely nothing going for it from the player/spectator side of things, in my humble opinion, the only positive aspect that I can think of at the moment is that maybe it's easier to set up.

Basically, it makes it that much harder for the spectators to see anything, because some of the beams are huge and block out big areas of the field, not to mention that if you're sitting in the front row of the stands, you pretty much won't be able to see anything.

As for the playing aspect, you've now introduced field borders from which paintballs can be bounced out of, introducing a luck factor into every game.

Not to mention that all it would take for the entire "bouncy castle" to come down was for one of the air blowers to be tipped over.

Other than that, the event was ok, the registration system and queue was pretty much horrible, chaotic queues, only one person entering in information, and she could type about as fast as my 4 year old cousin, alot of people that had registered online still had to pay the 40€ they charged for the ID card because it apparently didn't register...etc.

Oh well.

Small edit: Another negative point I just remembered was the non-existance of turf on the beach, meaning that you had to lug your gearbag and all your paint around on the sand and the fact that there wasn't a players area meant you had to set up your stuff on the sand, again, I think electronic equipment and sand isn't the best combination.

And the fact is that the new concept netted fields failed way before any of the traditionally netted fields did, truth is that in the end, they all failed, but what if the wind had maintained just after the concept netted fields failed?

Fact is that the new netting system is less resistant and less reliable, and shouldn't have been used as an experiment for a live tournament where people invest their hard earned money.

And I also heard the rumour that one of the reasons that the system was used as it was was because they didn't want to recall their netting system from the UAE tournament because it was too costly.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Definitely lots of bullsh*t in this thread from people who weren't there and have no idea what they're talking about. Event was summed up well in the Mill press release and the post above me.

The area that I noticed was a big step back from last year was security - didn't need to spend £40 on a players pass because neither it nor the wristband were checked all weekend!

Will