Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium rules

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
After being away from paintball for awhile, I decided to check if the mills had updated their rules so that I wouldn't run foul of any changes.
Not sure what I was thinking as it hadn't been update when I left paintball since 2006. So I visit the millennium web site and low and behold still the same rule book.
Can't quite get my head around this as there have been loads of rule changes since the 2006 edition was released.
So how can the premier paintball event in Europe justify not keeping it current but still continue to ask large financial commitments from the teams that enter?

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
You see this argument a million times over. The simple fact is they have a 2006 rule book to which they amendments. They aren't the only sport to do this. I can't think of many that re write the entire rule book every single year.

Check out the amendments and refer to the 2006 rules. It's not really that big a deal is it?

Reactions: ShelleyHicky

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
However most of the amendments have been either verbal or require extensive google searches. Look at the clothing rule changes, the "kit left behind"rule. I am not for one second saying they need to update every year but I feel that after going in to the 8th year of this rule book a complete overhaul is needed to formalise all the rules not actually recorded in the rule book.

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Also for the teams that enter after paying large sums of money, why should they have to trawl the Internet for the answers on rules?

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
he still has a point. how hard is it for them to make a definitive up to date rule book? The obviously make enough money.
Also don't say "how hard is it to compare the two different pages, the 2006 rules and the updates" They aren't paying me to do that. You would expect it in any other sport

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Yep your right most rules are shown on the amendments page however not all them are, such as the two I mentioned earlier. This means that there are rules not mentioned in either the rule book or the amendment page that effect games.