The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Series 2003

Juho

Old fart
Oct 11, 2002
Finland
www.tuovila.net
Well.

Thank you Steve. I would be very interested to hear if anyone else than Steve had some new thoughts from my post!
Nick? Was this something you were hoping to have on a european level?
Best thing would be to start some sort of players' federation on a European level as Nick has been telling us. It should be constructed from national federations and have them as it's members. Also because all of you 'ballers can't get the thing going in your own country, it should also contain a possibility to join as a player member.
If we don't have this kind of body, we only accept that industry and tournament organizers rip our money 'till the saturation point where the teams still show up. And I DON'T blame them! Not at all! That's capitalism and I'm pro it. Just cash us fools out, if we accept it like lambs!

Juho, Takeover

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
It'll never work in tha UK

The Bitch persuaded all tha Brits that any sort of federation or trade union is intrinsically evil.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
It'll never work in tha UK

But in the UK we do at least have the UKPSF, though it's not really as well supported as it should be. Not sure about the other various series (maybe someone from MM or SWPL could comment), but membership is necessary to play the 2k2 series & probably will be to play the M25 series when it gets off the ground. Hotpoint or Bully should be able to supply numbers.

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Can I play devils advocate for a moment...... (I would just like to say for the record I am not a member of the UKPSF at this point but I will be in the near future)

Does having compulsory membership of the UKPSF not defeat the point? Surely the federation should be something that people are motivated to join for the good of the sport....

Just asking the question to stimulate some conversation with regards to the UKPSF.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Well it seems to work OK for other sports. For example, to compete in Affilliated showjumping competitions you have to be a member of the BSJA - no BSJA membership, no decent level competition. Again in the horsey world, to do 3-day eventing at anything above very novice level you have to be a member of the BHS. And I'm not sure on this, but I though any soccer teams that wanted to play in any of the leagues even the local ones had to join the FA. I'm pretty sure it's the same with many other sports as well.
Anyway, paintballers seem on the whole to be pretty selfish in some ways (though this may be idleness) & just won't bother unless there's something they can see directly in it for them - "good of the sport" just isn't enough.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
UKPSF Membership in the SWPL

We'd love to have a mandatory UKPSF membership situation in the SWPL in the UK, but there are a few issues.

These are between ourselves and Bully, but we will be discussing this with him in an effort to bring this into the next season. If we can get things sorted out so that SWPL players can benefit from being UKPSF members in a similar way as S2K2 players, then we'll make it mandatory.

So, yes we agree that it would be a good idea - just need to make it work in practice.

Joern Windler

Laws in motioN
Apr 2, 2002
Germany
Visit site
Im pretty sure somebody said this before, but anyway ...

If pros play only pros and so if everybody is playing only his own division its going to get a little boring .. well not exactly boring, but not as interesting as it was before.

I - as an amateur (or novice?) player - want to kick some pros ass. Thats one of my aims when I go to MS tournaments.
That is one of the reasons which drive me to spend a lot of money. I want to play against my "stars" ..
I wanna tell everybody that I shot XXXindi, bunkered XXXindi2 and so on..

I mean playing against upper classes brings a little training and often shows how uneffective your gameplay is and how nice it would be to perform like a "pro". Only watching the games effects nearly nothing.

So if no one is allowed to play against upper classes, I believe the rush on the MS breaks away .. remarkable. Sure, the tourneys are great, mainly well organised, lot of our stars walking around, but this is not anymore worth to spend all this money. I can take some days free and have a look there, while playing cheaper tournaments with the same opponents....

I bet its worth thinking about it...

joern.