Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Series 5th leg to be held......

volkan

Aug 7, 2009
Oslo, Norway
You don´t get much out of emailing the hotel to get prices - they just tell you to check out millennium-series.com... So just wondering when we will actually see some prices/deals for this ?

The reservation will be taken care of through a travel agency ... People have to wait for the information release regarding that ... That`s what i have heard ...

volkan

Aug 7, 2009
Oslo, Norway
Volkan just writing what the hotel told me: Get in touch with this website www.millennium-series.com :)

And IF it is in fact a travel agency doing this, wouldn´t that mean an extra cost to us ?
No i dont think so, the agency is owned by one the people involved, and there is no (notisable?) extra fee ... It might be done to reduce the hotel costs since the hotel doesnt need to use resources to handle questions from everybody wondering about this and that ... And if the price range is the same as what has been estimated, 40-50 euro for double rooms all inclusive. In that way it doens`t sound expensive at all... The challenge is of cource the flight to the location ..

volkan

Aug 7, 2009
Oslo, Norway
I just have to add it: My main concern is IF the Turkish paintball will actually be able to pull it through. I played one Turkish leg this year, so far, and it was kind of a disaster. They do not have experienced enough judges, and have very little international paintball experience to understand how thing should work or put together. There are also very limited amoung of teams, i think it is 12-14 active pantball teams in Turkey. Most of them are at M5 level. That might give a headache to the millennium if they expect massive involvement from those teams ... For those who consider them selfs good will try to play the Millennium leg, and rest of them can not contribute due to lack of knowledge.

The site will be great for sure, but what that counts for us paintball players is the quality IN the field ...

They had more or less huge problems at the last years Centurio ... And Millennium is bigger, more important ...

I agree with those who agreed on that teams should have been informed about Turkey, and have Turkey as a Millennium leg for NEXT season. Then everybody would have time to think about the more important stuff then how to get there ... :) I can understand that this leg hurts most of the teams travel costs since there are only very few team that have gooood sponsorships :)

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
http://www.millenniumsarsilmazcup.com/

Here is the details for the Antalya event.
Not exactly cheap ? I know you all talk about all inclusive BUT that doesn´t in fact mean you will get everything for free.... Extra cost for eating or drinking anywhere else but at the "hotel buffet" (and eating or drinking anything else but local brands) - which is usually overcrowded due to this very fact: Everyone wants to eat there !

So yeah 41-45 € pr. person at the venue hotel... Is it really that cheap - I know at least from Denmark we need to travel 6 days due to the messed up flight schedules and this even at min. 350 € return flight, then add let´s say 43 € (middle priced) per. night then we end up at 608 € for this trip only for flight and hotel - that´s double up compared to any other event this year ? :(

I am forced to reconsider whether I can affort going or not unfortunately due to this heavy cost !

volkan

Aug 7, 2009
Oslo, Norway
Freddie, it is 43 euro for doubleroom, not a single room ... The end price is not that high as you present here. It is 470(flight+1 person in DB) from the example you are using. And, yea hotell is not expensive at all, it is the flight that makes the whole expences grow. It is not that much expensive then any other Millennium site near to civilization. If you calculate the amoung of money you use to food and so on, is it really that expencive?

And, i dont think it will be caotic at the restaurants. There are in total 7 and 3-4 of them are free. And it is constructed it that way that those who stay there are atually supposed to eat there as well. Most of the hotels operate in that way.

Unfortunately Millennium will miss out D2 teams due to the total cost ...

And Turkey is not ready to host a Millennium yet ... THAT is a bigger problem then cost. They certainly doesnt have competante refs that can contribute, far from enough teams to contribute as well ...

See you all down there ... Because, expensive or not, CPL, SPL and Div1 have to make the travel anyways ... Some of the D2 teams will drop the last Millennium due to the total cost. Most of them have to pay for more then flight and hotel. I think it will be one of the "smallest" Millenniums with minimum number of teams and vendors ...

We can bitch about it, or if anyone comes over good deals, we can share them with each other ...

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Freddie, it is 43 euro for doubleroom, not a single room ... The end price is not that high as you present here. It is 470(flight+1 person in DB) from the example you are using. And, yea hotell is not expensive at all, it is the flight that makes the whole expences grow. It is not that much expensive then any other Millennium site near to civilization. If you calculate the amoung of money you use to food and so on, is it really that expencive?

And, i dont think it will be caotic at the restaurants. There are in total 7 and 3-4 of them are free. And it is constructed it that way that those who stay there are atually supposed to eat there as well. Most of the hotels operate in that way.
Dude - read it as it is.... It is 45 per. person in a double room = 90 € per room (43 € per person in tripple room = 129 € per room)! AND then you also have to add that 18% tax on top of that.... Meaning 106,20 € / 152,22 € !:p

That is something like double price on ANY hotel I ever stayed at for a Millennium !

Yes the food and drinks are included, BUT limited - say what you like but I highly doubt you can choose for more restaurants than that one standard/basic hotel restaurant.... Which is why it stated "all inclusive basis" and not just fair and square "all inclusive" in the mail from Millennium Series ! I have been in Turkey before yes, and I have read up on this hotel - food and drinks in Turkey is way cheaper than this is made up to be..... I would seriously rather pay a standard price for the room and then myself be able to pay whatever drinks/food I want.... There is a reason you know for the hotels to do this - it makes them more money hehe !

Feel free to proove me wrong, I´m just telling it like it is ! ;)

Pheeeeew okay okay okay I´ll stop now..... Just really annoyed that we are being pushed around like this - but yeah anyway guess I will just have to stop caring about things that do not affect me (probably not going to Turkey anyway) just as every other paintballer hehe !

Johan

full contact
Feb 6, 2008
www.teamxistence.com
See you all down there ... Because, expensive or not, CPL, SPL and Div1 have to make the travel anyways ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dont count on that!!