Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Series Nov Bracket

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Niall was quoted as saying that the nov section would be for those teams who wanted to play just one or two tourneys on the circuit. Therefore meaning that it was a 'true' novice section. does this mean that the team winning the nov section of the series will be able to do so by playing only two or three events? This may also promote sandbaggers, as they will, if they play all the events be able to win on points, even if they only come say...seventh in every leg, i.e winning the series but not winning any of the individual tourneys. Anyone else thought this?
Does this creation of Am B mean that the nov section is worthless as a section to win as in theory no teams will play more than 2 events?

what does everyone think?

sam

Russ. M

Morning Wood - Void
Sep 9, 2002
Taunton, south west
it may be the case that by coming 7th in every leg you could win the series. but Niall has also said that the prizes for the nov division will be very low.

so if a team is prepared to pump hundreds of pounds in to the millenium to play all the legs just to win some T-shirts or something let them!!

your always going to get "sand baggers" in lower divisions the only way around it is to get each individual player "rated" so that a team with a certain amount of skilled players cant enter the low divisions. with that said you are going to get people accused of playing out of division or fielding pro players whatever you do! for example we came off of a game in amsterdam and one of our players overheard the other team saying we had cheated and that we had three or four shockwave pro playing for us!!!!!
In actual fact this was our first season playing millenium and our first season playing together!!

the idea of the new nov section is just to give people a "Taste" of world paintball without getting their asses kicked in every single game. in my opinion i think it would be alot easier if the divisions were named ROOKIE, NOVICE, AMATUER and PRO. but i think the millenium is trying to keep up with the NPPL.

thats my opinion anyway:p
cheers JNR

Russ. M

Morning Wood - Void
Sep 9, 2002
Taunton, south west
i would have thought so!

we played nov last year and placed 3rd. this year we are moving up at least to AmB. i think at least about the top third of teams who played nov last year will (or shoud) be moving up to AmB

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
junior

agree with you mate, but there are voucher prizes for everyone cept the pros, may still see some big ass sandbagging!

you going on saturday? i just spoke to Rich and he said the plan has changed, and we are traveling up sat afternoon and training sunday. hope to see you guys there!

sam

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
i think some novice teams would rather be a big fish in a lil pond rather than the other way round. They wanna win games n win trophy's rather than moving up a division and only finishing mid table