Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium X-Ball - Player input WANTED!!!!

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
This is from Niall and not the necessarily the views of the Millennium Board

Pete,

Having just read yout last post, I take it that in some way you feel Laurent Steve and I are in some way short changing Euro Paintball and running a half cock event to keep our options open to coin it in next year. As far as I know there is no formal Euro deal with Richmond. He wants X Ball promoted over here and has told Laurent do with as you wish, but he also has no contract.

Both Laurent and I have put far more into the development of Euro paintball than we have ever got back. The Campaign Cup made a profit for the first time last year! So its all of a sudden a big money maker. Well I sincerely hope that I can make something from it now its about time, I certainly think that the players don't feel short changed in any way.

For Me to run the proposed X BAll league with a field solely devoted to X Ball would have meant turning away 30+ teams. These teams would have been all Novice and Am and to them the highlight of their paintball calender. I could not afford the loss and thats a hell of a lot to lose. I also Would not want to let down the teams and to take such a risk on a maybe.

We have spoken at length about X Ball and tried to come up with ways to make it work. We didn't find a solution. No matter whats happening Stateside its no Guarantee it will happen here.

Now its pretty obvious I aint No Jerry Braun. I aint in the big league by any stretch of the imagination. Money is not my motivation for what I do or don't do. I pride myself on what Campaign as an organisation and I as a promoter have acheived over the last few years and I am not going to change that. You also know what I feel on the resolution but seem to have ignored that.

Most of the guys in Nexus are good friends of mine, and I always have stood up and supported you and the team, often in the face of adversity. I still believe that you have the depth of talent to achieve what you want.
Sometimes you really need to think what you say before you hit that submit button, because you will, like this time, end up pissing people off.

Niall

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Having just read your last post, I take it that in some way you feel Laurent Steve and I are in some way short changing Euro Paintball and running a half cock event to keep our options open to coin it in next year.

Well, there's no doubt about it in my view, it is half cocked, ill-thought out and ya know what Niall, you agreed with me on the phone it was and you added this was 'not your idea, it was the others'
I hope you would not deny saying that to me !!
As for keeping the options open part, well that's just my opinion !!

As far as I know there is no formal Euro deal with Richmond. He wants X Ball promoted over here and has told Laurent do with as you wish, but he also has no contract.

As far as you know !!!!!
Don't you know whether you have a formal agreement or not ?
I mean, I think I might if i did or I did not.
But did I say there was a formal contract neway ?
No I did not , I just went on somebody telling me, that yourself, Laurent and Steve Baldwin were going to share X-Ball between you and u know who told me that ????
You did Nial !!!!
Wanna deny it ?

Both Laurent and I have put far more into the development of Euro paintball than we have ever got back. The Campaign Cup made a profit for the first time last year! So its all of a sudden a big money maker. Well I sincerely hope that I can make something from it now its about time, I certainly think that the players don't feel short changed in any way.

Nobody is disputing that both you and Laurent have put a lot in, go back thru all my articles and posts on here, you will see I, more than anybody else in the paintball media has given you both so much credit, you wanna dispute that point ?
Nah, course you don't !!!
As for the Campaign Cup making a profit for the first time with all the others just being for the benefit of the player?
Give me a break Nial please, this last year you had well over 130 teams @ what £600 average with a £15 grand price tag on venue, well, I ain't no fool at maths mate !!!!
Who said the 'players' felt short changed about anything ?
I didn't !
And I know you are trying to elicit support from the majority of players with that comment but I never mentioned them in that context, but the people who would have played, should have
played X-ball, feel downright short changed..no argument !!!

For Me to run the proposed X Ball league with a field solely devoted to X Ball would have meant turning away 30+ teams. These teams would have been all Novice and Am and to them the highlight of their paintball calendar. I could not afford the loss and that’s a hell of a lot to lose. I also Would not want to let down the teams and to take such a risk on a maybe.

Nial, as I said to you and u r well aware of it, I gave u a way round that, and by the way, the number of teams you choose to lose out on has varied from 20 to when you have spoken about to me and got to 30 by the time you reached the Millennium meeting.
You could have spread that loss between yourselves on the Millennium and the teams so please don’t try and tell everybody you would have shouldered that yourself because that was never on the agenda.

We have spoken at length about X Ball and tried to come up with ways to make it work. We didn't find a solution. No matter what’s happening Stateside its no Guarantee it will happen here.

It's called 'speculation' Nial, you expected the X-Ball teams to come up with the cash but you never wanted to yourself. There are no guarantees in life, nothing is certain, now whether u agree with or even like the guys on the PSP, you are well aware of what's happening Stateside with regard to TV and Hollywood etc
We, in fact, most of the teams would have loved the chance to invest, we have nowhere near the financial backing you lot have and yet we were willing to invest in the X-Ball future.
With just a bit of help form the promoters we could have made this all work, I know full well the teams over here did not have the same financial backing as Stateside but we never had to put the same amount of monies in to get it to work anyway, nowhere near it.

Now its pretty obvious I aint No Jerry Braun. I aint in the big league by any stretch of the imagination. Money is not my motivation for what I do or don't do. I pride myself on what Campaign as an organisation and I as a promoter have achieved over the last few years and I am not going to change that. You also know what I feel on the resolution but seem to have ignored that.

No thank God, U ain't no Jerry Braun, one is enough for this planet but u r in the big league over here, in fact, relatively speaking, you have Jerry Braun's standing in the game over here and about the same influence so lets not minimise oneself for the sake of this post. You have done wonders as a promoter, as I said before, if you want credit, go and look at all my articles and posts, its there in black and white but please don't tell me you are doing all this for love.......

Most of the guys in Nexus are good friends of mine, and I always have stood up and supported you and the team, often in the face of adversity. I still believe that you have the depth of talent to achieve what you want.
Sometimes you really need to think what you say before you hit that submit button, because you will, like this time, end up pissing people off.

Supported my team against what?
Attacks from what or where ?, we ain't frikkin played nowhere and if u mean questions regarding X-Ball and Nexus's inclusion, then I'm afraid you know as well I do that the direction they came from did not need any defending, the man's just jealous as **** as u agreed at the time.

Nial, I think a lot more about what I write than most people on here, I have to otherwise I leave myself open to the wolves and as for pissing people off ?
Well I pissed Jerry Braun off when I wrote about his world Cup two years back, it's par for the course Nial, I write about events and if you can find one lie in anything I have written, then feel free to post it up here on this board coz all I have done is write what I believe to be the truth and then given my opinion.
If that pisses you off, then hard luck mate !!!!

Pete

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
Originally posted by goose

With the new adoption of National teams - the idea is that there will not be more than 3 players allowed from any one team Millennium pro team to play for the X-Ball team. Along with a "small" added cost for the "right" to play Nations Cup X-Ball.

1.) Do people actually think that this will make us competitive??
2.) Who thinks that a team with a "potentially" changing roster (who knows if the same players will make all the events) is a good idea??
3.) Does anyone NOT-think that this will end up in the 4 teams going to Orlando having their asses handed to them - especially when they have to play against X-Ball teams that have played it seriously??
4.) Are there any serious players who would play X-Ball and run the risk of injuring themselves and thereby taking themselves out of the semis or finals??
5.) Are there any serious players who would want to stick around until "god-knows-when" then night before the semis just to play an X-Ball game, when players from the opposing teams will be back in the hotel resting for the next day??

and lastly....

6.) Is there anyone in their right mind who pay for this "Honour"??

Is it just me or does all of this sound a little f@cked up?

Who thinks that the Millennium should drop the whole idea and worry about running normal tournaments instead of trying to do things half-assed?

goose
1) IMO having the nations cup does not increase competative nature in the players. it is just a 'fun' copetition that takes place every year. and a player each year chooses a team to represent the country, but withcertain teams being unable to play in this tourney then there is a removal of players that some might have thought would be in a Nations team.
because it is Xball it may cause some people to be more competitive so that they may be picked for the team but this may be detrimental to their team as they may try to show off and cause failure in their own team. because some people will want to play xball for the nations then they may screw thier own team.

2) having the nations event at each event will increase the chances of a fair representation as players are chosen from that event. the England football team is not fixed for a season it changes depending upon how good a player is performing. changing the rosta at each nations event will give a better average of the team, enabling a fairer balance of the teams, ie it will show the better nation.

3) europe is not ready for a proper xball league. there is not enough money to enable enough teams over this side of the pond to become good at xball. when thre same amount of money is used over here then we could turn to xball. xball can only advance so far and like in all sports a new team at a sprot will go up a rapid learning curve.

4) i assume that the nations event would take place on the second and third days of a 3 day tourney so that the team can be selected form the firsts days play - if so then people would have to decide if they would want to play xall and risk their own teams competition. it would probably depend upon the stakes but i personally would probably not play if my team had made it to the final as the danger of injury or tiredness.

5) like above, it is just a matter of perspective. some players that may be chosen may not be in the finals or are from a lower division (i assume this can happen as the quote from above only mentions pro teams - but you will always get very good players in minor teams eg tom p in nexus came from bugout)

6) no one should have to pay for the honour, most people get paid for representing thier own country in other sports so at least they should get it free in paintball.

the idea of xball nations cup in europe is silly, it should stay at 7man until europe is all ready for xball.

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Nick

I thought you where all for having a Nations cup at every event? Well thats what you wrote sometime ago anyway...

Strange that when some people is setting the tone others just follow, havent heard much positive about the Nations X-ball cup.
And thats from alot of people that if we had a European X-ball legue wouldnt have a chance to participate.
The rule that only 3 players from each team can participate isnt correct. If we go ahead with the Nations cup that is.

Im also alittle amazed of the amount of trust that we Europeans are putting in the hand of the Americans. When X-ball kicks off in the states we will be depending on the good will off the PSP and the deal they can offer us.

And why isnt people talking about the downright aggression that thoose same promoters have directed against the Millennium series by forbidd the US teams to participate?????

As for the Nations cup. I will personally contact some people to see if we have 8 nations availible before we go any further.

Denmark without Ugly Ducklings FULL support isnt possible, So Nick talk to your guys and give me a email. Its gonna be something like 1 X-ball game in every Millenium event for the National team.

Magued

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Nick

Originally posted by Magued
Strange that when some people is setting the tone others just follow, havent heard much positive about the Nations X-ball cup.
And thats from alot of people that if we had a European X-ball legue wouldnt have a chance to participate.
The rule that only 3 players from each team can participate isnt correct. If we go ahead with the Nations cup that is.

Im also alittle amazed of the amount of trust that we Europeans are putting in the hand of the Americans. When X-ball kicks off in the states we will be depending on the good will off the PSP and the deal they can offer us.

And why isnt people talking about the downright aggression that thoose same promoters have directed against the Millennium series by forbidd the US teams to participate?????

As for the Nations cup. I will personally contact some people to see if we have 8 nations availible before we go any further.

Denmark without Ugly Ducklings FULL support isnt possible, So Nick talk to your guys and give me a email. Its gonna be something like 1 X-ball game in every Millenium event for the National team.

Magued
"...alot of people that if we had a European X-ball league wouldnt have a chance to participate..."

I resemble that remark. But opinions are like...(you know).

I think a decision ought to be made, like NOW, and stuck with. Then we ought to move forward and make the best of it. There is always next year and, besides, there are still a lot of things that are yet to be sorted out. Better a less than perfect program than no program IMO.

I could see some regional teams for Nations' X-ball in addition to the obvious large nations: Nordic (if Joy can get along with the Ducks), Spanish-Portugese (Iberian peninsula?) plus UK, Germany, France, Russia (one can hope), Benelux maybe and Eastern Europe. Just a thought.

As far as aggression from the NXL and PSP promoters, they are simply looking after their business interests, not being hateful.:rolleyes:

Steve

rancid

Mother, is that you?
one down, one to go

I agree the nations xball, to all intents and purposes, is an irrelevance.

But, the Euro promoters aint short on seeing the long dollar, surely. Pete, you've mentioned summat is in the brewing, but if Euroland don't see it, and don't think it's going to work then what's the point of investing? I know I've had a downer on this since day one, but I ain't seen anything to make me put my hand in my pocket, and if I was Niall et al I wouldn't speculate on the new flavour of the month. My problem with Niall's post is that he doesn't come out and say that.

So, c'mon Pete, you say the Euros know the TV connection - until you spell that out, how can we judge their decision? Spill the beans.

And you know what, whether there's a Euro x-ball set up or not, it will never be allowed to intrude into America. America would rather see another 8 teams from fkin Arkansas before they let the likes of us in on the deal.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
one down, one to go

Originally posted by rancid
I agree the nations xball, to all intents and purposes, is an irrelevance.
But, the Euro promoters aint short on seeing the long dollar, surely. Pete, you've mentioned summat is in the brewing, but if Euroland don't see it, and don't think it's going to work then what's the point of investing? I know I've had a downer on this since day one, but I ain't seen anything to make me put my hand in my pocket, and if I was Niall et al I wouldn't speculate on the new flavour of the month. My problem with Niall's post is that he doesn't come out and say that.
So, c'mon Pete, you say the Euros know the TV connection - until you spell that out, how can we judge their decision? Spill the beans.
And you know what, whether there's a Euro x-ball set up or not, it will never be allowed to intrude into America. America would rather see another 8 teams from fkin Arkansas before they let the likes of us in on the deal.

Matt,
Well, this is hard because the deal that is being set up Stateside between the PSP and the media has confidentiality agreements drawn up for all those concerned which was asked for by Adam Gardner.
So all I can say (I ain't one of them by the way) is that some of those people have made it plain to me that they are on the cusp of something really big, what else can I say on the matter other than to pass on what I believe.
These guys on the PSP have invested huge sums of their own money in this and believe me, if Jerry allows that sort of money to leave his grasp, then something’s going on.

As for the Yanks allowing us in, we were in, that’s the point, we could have locked ourselves in even more as the year progressed and now, well, we have lost out big time because if that deal surfaces sometime this year with us not even geared up for X-ball, well, we just blew it whatever chance we had right outa the window !
Pete

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
its amazing what you can find after looking around.

www.smartparts.com/sphollywood.htm

Soo the TV hookup according to ppl started out with this.....

Now Dear Sherlock Holmes wannabees go and get some concrete stuff!!

Someone said that Europe represents 12% of the world paintball market. If thats true we wont have too much of a chance but take the backseat until that figure goes up.

Cya