Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium X-Ball - Player input WANTED!!!!

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Hi Pete,

Yes I know there WAS a bigger picture but the bigwigs have decided for now that it is not for us.

Yes the deals going off in America are big, no we're not part of them. Maybe my ideas are parochial but because we don't have a choice. To use your own terminology "who wants 100% of nothing" well thats what we have. Why not try and get "10% of something".

Funny thing is that you think that our views differ and I know you would like them to, but they don't.

I did want to play x-ball proper. I do want to earn a living from playing and give up my ****ty 9-5, X-Ball could easily of been the key but for now it ain't. Whats left give up or keep it alive in a nations cup format?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
I still think that if we who live in Europe can't have full-scale NXL-type X-ball (which seems to be the decision regarding the Millennium Series) then there are two remaining alternatives: play Nations' X-ball or someone start an EXL league in Europe.

I don't see the latter happening this year so I believe that we need to play something that is as close as possible to the real thing (as I have suggested here B4) because that's a hellava lot better than nothing and can go a long ways towards getting us ready for a balls-to-the-wall 2004 after we see how things shake out.

I agree with much of what Nick's saying but I don't see a thing wrong with playing two or more differents format at a tournament event, that is having a different format Nations' game or two. Why not be flexible and not get closed into a box? Some really good tournaments that I've attended have had several different possibilities, e.g. 1-on-1, 3-player, etc.

I'll restate my point: maybe Millennium's idea needs fine-tuning (especially the minimum 3 teams thingy) but the main thing is, we've got to start playing and getting peeps exposed to the concept. Let's start investing now for some big things in 2004. (I'm 2 years older than you, Pete, and I can tell you that life WILL go on for a few more years! You've got the big picture. Just think of the picture on a canvas that stretches another year into the future.);)

Steve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Pete,

Originally posted by sykesg
Yes I know there WAS a bigger picture but the bigwigs have decided for now that it is not for us.
Yes the deals going off in America are big, no we're not part of them. Maybe my ideas are parochial but because we don't have a choice. To use your own terminology "who wants 100% of nothing" well thats what we have. Why not try and get "10% of something".
Funny thing is that you think that our views differ and I know you would like them to, but they don't.
I did want to play x-ball proper. I do want to earn a living from playing and give up my ****ty 9-5, X-Ball could easily of been the key but for now it ain't. Whats left give up or keep it alive in a nations cup format?

Gareth, I have no idea why you would think I might prefer for you to have a differing opinion, I only report on the facts I know and give my opinion, if yours differs, then that's your problem not a preference of mine !!

Secondly, you quote me and then go on to lose the plot; we had a chance of earning 10 % (nominal sum) of the American Pie, our refusal has left us with 100% of what ?
F##k All !!!
Coz there ain't no TV deals being brokered over here and I doubt there will be for the next five years.

Gareth, you are a player, your interests stretch not much further and you are not involved in the industry or had anything to do with what has been going on, so perhaps it is inevitable our views on things are different!
Don’t read into that any more than it is !!
Robbo

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Hi Pete

True I am a player, true I am not involved in the industry and very true my interests don't stretch much futher than playing paintball, I absolutely love it. How can that be the reason our views differ??

The point I was agreeing with from, red merkin and wadidiz, and that you seem to keep missing is that we have no American x-ball deal for whatever reasons, and I do not agree with just throwing my hands in the air and giving up. What we do have is the chance to play x-ball nations cup style, millennium and super 7's. This gives us the chance to still mix it with all the best european, ruskie and yank teams in 3 different formats.

While the money and chance to become part of a world series is delayed we still have 3 formats/tournements to choose from which is much more of a choice than the yanks.

Finaly when I quoted you, the plot was firmly on track, if we can't get money from the yank tv get money from euro tv. You guess at five years? If you put the same amount of effort into a cable deal as x-ball I bet it would be much sooner rather than later.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Pete

Originally posted by sykesg
True I am a player, true I am not involved in the industry and very true my interests don't stretch much futher than playing paintball, I absolutely love it. How can that be the reason our views differ??
The point I was agreeing with from, red merkin and wadidiz, and that you seem to keep missing is that we have no American x-ball deal for whatever reasons, and I do not agree with just throwing my hands in the air and giving up. What we do have is the chance to play x-ball nations cup style, millennium and super 7's. This gives us the chance to still mix it with all the best european, ruskie and yank teams in 3 different formats.
While the money and chance to become part of a world series is delayed we still have 3 formats/tournements to choose from which is much more of a choice than the yanks.
Finaly when I quoted you, the plot was firmly on track, if we can't get money from the yank tv get money from euro tv. You guess at five years? If you put the same amount of effort into a cable deal as x-ball I bet it would be much sooner rather than later.
You know what gareth, I can't be bothered with you any more !!
Go and do what you like doing and that's play some paintball !!!