The Home Of European Paintball

Millenniums new rule against shoulder padding

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by Equus
Knee and elbow pads are usefull, but the ones that cover your shins and forarm too? No real reason for those exept to bounce paint.
Incorrect.

as stated above I wear the full knee and shin pads... there is no way I would slide on rough ground with just knee pads, the shins take a pounding too....

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by Trinity
Aaah it all be comes clear, so back men wearing them would be ...Keeping warm?;)
I play back... sometimes it requires kneeling or a run up the field... better to be safe than sorry... or when you play back do you stay static behind your bunker all game?

just wondering ;)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Recoil - remeber this rules is for Millenniums, where there is none of this "rough ground" you talk about, although i still find that implausable from when i used to wear trace pads the shins did sweet fa but get bounces.

So in a Millennium arena there isn't any need for shin guards at all - although i will give you knee pads :)

Trinity

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
I meant the elbow pads.
I never slid until I got pads after a friend got a rather nasty pointy stick stuck in their knee.

Although I can now see the point of elbow pads.
And No I have never crawled along a snake they make my bum look big!
(or rather it is big and a rather nice target for other peoples paint):D

"moi stirring?"
yes and not just your tea;)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
it would seem to me that the majority of the people who are against the ban here will be the ones who already have the DYE tops, or have them on order.

and those who dont have the DYE tops, who were kicking themselves for not getting them cos of the padding, are in favor of the ban as it will not benefit them to let others wear the tops.

There is not that much padding on the tops, and the design at the front of the shoulders, with the bobbles, is to increase the grip of the back of the bottle against the material of the top. i trained at the weekend and the guys we were training against were wearing them and they did not increase bounces more than normal and there were plenty of guys who had paint marks there when the games ended. with a paintball travelling at 300 fps a few milimetres of material does jack to stop them exploding on your body.

An interesting question would be:

FOR THOSE IN FAVOUR OF THE BAN, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY SEEN THE NEW TOPS, FELT THEM, AND PLAYED AGAINST THEM?

I sincerely doubt that many people have seen them and examined them, therefore their opinion on whether the padding is over the top is totally irrelavent. How can they accurately comment on something they have never seen?????

Another option would be to make it compulsory to wear DYE tops so that everyone has the same advantage/disadvantage depending what your views are......but hang on......that would be unfair on people like JT, Raven, Draxxus, Smartparts and all the other companies..........by preventing their kit to be worn.....but hang on again......thats exactly whats being done to DYE......

sam