The Home Of European Paintball

Millenniums new rule against shoulder padding

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Karlijn,

While you're here, has it been confirmed that NPPL Super 7 will follow the no-padded-jersey rule? Some players and judges are wondering and people are quoting your press release on Smacktalk.

Steve

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

If anyone has the mentioned jersey please do us a favor!!

Check if you can somehow remove (rip/burn/excorcise) that damn padding PLEASE!

Just to be creative a bit

DVV

Jan 22, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
The talk about all the other protections.
Why not just ban all the soft ones?
Allow only hard ones (like skategear, soft on the inside hard on the outside).

Then its up to you if you want a hard protection on the forearms and so on. Only thing thats negative is that the clothes rip easily, but then maybe we will soon see pants with lether or something on the knees.

/DW

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
what is the point of padding on the torso?!?! there isn't a need for it to be honest. elbows and forearms are ok because they are used in superman slide and knees and shins are ok as well because by not wearing them whilst sliding into a bunker even on nice smooth grass you can seriously damage them over time.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Further on from the post I made on this thread with the pic link...seems to have started something on the other side of the Atlantic

Seems a little difficult to believe that on the arms the DYE pads are being worn, due to the sales pitch for them is to buy them so they fit snug...I have a pair and they are great don't twist or anything but unless you felt my arms you would have no idea I was actually wearing them.....unlike the pic link I posted

What a couple of other people have missed due mainly to not having seen the jerseys in the "flesh" is that the DYE logo is padded as well. Do you really need padding there?

Teams wearing them "are" wearing them to increase the chances etc and will admit to it but unless someone pushes the envelope nothing would progress....Mayhem many years ago would not allow semi auto but that got overuled...eventually. This is a huge jump to allow such jerseys but then as pointed out (really not sure if it was here or on the link I have just posted as I have been reading both threads) all this is a literal reading of last years ruling just reworded for this season.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65214

Take a look makes for interesting reading.

Jamie B

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
The jungle
I don't want people to take this the wrong way, I am totaly in favour of Banning padding on playing tops. And I am in favour of allowing elbow pads as they are as a lot of people have mentioned very useful for diving (superman styley) and sliding, BUT if I developed a style of diving where I landed on my Shoulder/Arse whatever would padding there then be ok? Just because people like jumping on there knees does that give them the right to have padding there? you dont technically have to dive on your kness to play paintball.

So wheres the line? Is it where it is now just because thats where Its always been?