Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Milsig FXR are they worth it???????

Im just getting into magfed, managed to get hold of a site display Tacamo MKV kit and slowly building it up bit by bit. But its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to get done as i'm building it into a DMR type rifle and wont be made for ages. ive also been looking into the FXR kit to put on my TiPX, and there are very little reviews on the internet or even on youtube.

if i was to get one i'd only be getting the basic so just the body, rubber sleeves and asa, because ive made a package up for cheaper with a barrel, foregrip, sights, mags etc. so basically a full setup if i don't get the bigger package, so won't need persons opinions on packages available on the market on which is better.

im asking those that have one what are their opinions about the kit and if they like it or not. also any modifications they have done to it. As flicking through the odd US forum i stumbled across talk of people trying to mod it so it can take a 13ci tank instead of a 98 buttstock, so wondering if it can be done?

PERSONALLY I WOULD STAY WELL AWAY FROM mILSIF AND GO WITH THE t-15. jUST MY OPINION THOUGH.
i'm not really after a magfed assault marker, more carbine kit for the pistol i have atm because i will be using my MKV when i eventually get it built for magfed games. Was eyeing up a RONI glock carbine kit from an airsoft shop but it would take a lot of modding and steady hands with a hand tool which i don't feel confident in doing just yet, so though next best option and buy a pistol kit built around my pistol already. Going to be using it mostly in small CQB style small games and also if i do a rental day with mates, instead of using my etha or sierra. kinda gives me an unfair advantage using those against em and its not fair on those going for the day thats never been. it seems a kit i can have fun with and just getting peoples opinion on before i commit
ive seen videos of the m17 snapping on the shroud and handgrip if it takes a hard knock and it put me off those.

i appreciate your comments though :)

Caffeine

Jun 17, 2014
It's an interesting idea but the advantage of using a pistol over most magfed markers is the light weight and small size. If I had to get something like the FXR kit I would rather get the Sarge kit. It pretty much turns your TPX into a Tippmann TCR. ( http://www.rap4uk.com/The-Sarge-TPX-TiPX-Kit-p/sarge_kit.htm )
The Milsig FXR does look like it's more customizable though and the basic kit is about £50 cheaper so you should just go with whatever suits you best. That's just another option for you.
I don't think you need to worry too much about a Milsig M17 breaking badly, just about any shroud, stock, magazine or rail will break if it's hit hard enough. It's the structural integrity of the base marker itself you should be most aware of.
Since you have your MKV in the works and just want something with limited paint in the meantime, have you considered getting a 50 shot hopper for your Etha or Sierra? Not quite as satisfying as magfed but it's a much cheaper option than buying a whole body kit for your pistol just to have a larger marker with limited paint.

I have a tac cap for my sierra already as the way i have it built its hard to put on a hopper unless you angle it at 45 degrees. So i suppose i could use that. Tbh i keep forgetting i own one. It would be cheaper i guess as all id need is the 30 shot pods and i can use limited paint for games.there are very few videos about and ive been looking at it for months. With there being very few reviews its hard to guage what the kit is like when i cant look and touch one.

I think way its going it would be best to just focus on building the MKV up and put the money into that instead of getting the FXR, it would save me around 200 quid from it.

Caffeine

Jun 17, 2014
A friend of mine had some of these: http://www.rap4uk.com/MILITARY-STYLE-30-ROUND-POD-p/fl-30.htm
The lids aren't necessarily flimsy or liable to break but they aren't particularly high quality as they're not spring opened or anything, they're just tough rubber but it holds on securely enough. The plastic feels meh but I can confirm that they are pretty tough as he's pretty much jumped on top of them a few times. They also fit really nicely into pockets.
I don't know any other 30 shot pods in the UK but I hope that helps :)

yeah that would be perfect as i would use the tac cap to only fire 30 balls, keep it sort of real ammunition count to what my sierra looks like. these would be perfect, and RAP4 are at paintfest this year so i can quite easily drop them a message and ask them to take some with them. Thanks bud :)

Reactions: I am Cassius