Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Milsim markers - poor design for paintball?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
i think mag-fed guns are poorly desgined for paintball, but thats kind of the point isnt it? to be a mag fed, or mil-sim, to fit in with the whole catergory of magfed/milsim, it has to be what it is if you understand we? someone better with words help me out here!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Will - depends if you choose to tie magfed and milsim together or not. Personally I see them as separate game types - I've no desire to play milsim, dressed up as a pretend soldier with a gun covered in scopes etc, however I do want to play the kind of extreme limited paint games that magfed promises. If I could buy a magfed Luxe in electric pink splash anno I would! :)

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
Milsim markers are not for me personally but one of the things I like about paintball is the variety of kit that lets everyone play the game how they want. If I'm playing in the woods I use camo as I feel it gives me a bit of an edge. I still want a light quick marker so I have a dyecam DM and rotor. On the other hand my brother in law has a DAM and goes mag and first strike my other bro in law has the BT pistol and rifle kit and has a 10 shot tube. What's great is we all go together and enjoy the game but each with our own unique style of play. Sometimes I take a sterling pump for a bit of old school. I do feel that the Milsim is not practical with sights etc but not knocking anyone who goes that route, after all how many people out there put skirts, spoilers and go faster stripes on cars and on a 1.0 punto does it really make it better ;)

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
my 2p's worth,

i love slinging paint, got through 5 cases at mayhem this weekend, BUT i haveplayed and do enjoy magfed, as for the ergonomics of magfed markers i feel form should beat function.

best way to look at it is that magfed has 2 sub genres, tactical and milsim

tactical includes all types of magfed weather it be stick feed, magfed, mayabe even q-loader(heavy gunner role) and is more about generally having fun playing a different style of paintball

milsim on the other hand is the same as tactical but only allows built for purpose magfed markers, though would come down to site/event rules for alloing stick feed(like custom markers on sprung stick feeds) as so far ive seen two different L96 look alikes and a custom mauser look alike.

hope that brief explanation show some clarity

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
If you want it to feel and shoot like a real gun. Join the Army. Simples
im sorry but i have brought and tried the new umarex pump.. and this is the closest thing to a real firearm i have used.. you even feed the paint into the gun like a real shotgun.... it sounds and feels like one toimage.jpg

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
Give me a magfed LV1 any day, In funky anodising :) (I asked PE, no plans for a magfed :( )

But for now, I'll rock a TGR2 with no sights or scope, cheap way into very limited paint, tactical paintball, without being all "airsoft milsim" :)

Clint2u

Feb 11, 2013
Easiest way i got over the whole resting your cheek was buying a riser so that the scope was higher up and unaffected by wearing a mask?

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
I'm going to see how I get on for a while before I bother with a scope, I am more of an "in ya face" player so not much use for a scope :-/