Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mini fps issue?

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Or is there a certain size i can buy and just use no matter what paint i use?
All paint is different. Yesterday, I used some FS paint which was coming out at .675 (actually smaller but that was my smallest bore!). Depends on paint manufacturers, and then it can change from batch to batch.
I think Diablo Heat is bigg-ish though.

A full barrel kit is ideal, but if you only get one with a few backs, I'd make it:

Around about those sizes so you'd either underbore a bit or overbore a bit...

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
And that should help clear up the sporadic fps issue the best as possible without buying barrel inserts and a barrel? And with a new bolt i can go even lower and so on and so forth? What kind of barrel or insert would be best fit to help clear up the issue even more

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
But ideally buying a barrel kit would be my best route then i would be ready to shoot any paint. So if i had a paintball that was .681 i would want a insert or barrel that would be .681 bore correct? Im not super familiar with bore and paint sizes and over bore and under bore

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
As far as bore size would i want a .681 for a paintball size .681 im not familiar with under bore and over bore? Would my best bet be to just buy a barrel kit and have all sizes to compensate for the paint im shooting? And if i get like after market bolts and upgrades from there i can run lower pressure and so on and so forth? Or is it better to just buy inserts? Also will the steps given for the pressure and setting the velocity help enough without having to buy barrels and inserts for the time being (like get it consistent enough to play with?

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
Woops disregard that last post i didn't see that my previous post had posted im using my phone and its slow so i didn't see it

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
How exactly does the bore to paint match effect velocity inconsistency
If you match paint exactly to the bore, some balls that are slightly larger will drag more and come out slower, and slightly smaller will blow straight down but lose a bit more air.

Despite a large amount of debate, it's been shown a while ago by punkworks that the most consistent improvement is to slightly underbore. This way every single ball will be in contact with the barrel when it is pushed by the air and so you get more consistent shots as well as a slight increase in efficiency.

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
Ghats what i was thinking but i second guess my so much i didn't know if i was right or not

Joshkolo

Apr 1, 2013
Thats is taking into consideration that the paint is never the same i guess my theory is that weather you bore is under or over you should still shoot consistently with that batch for example my stock mini barrel is .691 if im shooting paint that is .689 it should still shoot consistent wether there is more gap or not its still pushing the same amount of air past it its hard to explain but the only way i can see it being inconsistent is if every ball is different letting more or less air pass each shot