Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mini or Axe

woodysan

Johnny Greenwood / Proteus
Nov 21, 2013
Manchester
Axe - very light, very efficient, looks very similar to the Mini but has more hand space and generally all-round ass kicker.

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Axe - very light, very efficient, looks very similar to the Mini but has more hand space and generally all-round ass kicker.
The carbon editions of the Axe must be considerably more heavy then. Mine weighed a ton.

woodysan

Nov 21, 2013
Manchester
The carbon editions of the Axe must be considerably more heavy then. Mine weighed a ton.
I have an LE Blue/Silver Axe, but I've held a standard Axe and it's only slightly heavier, however comparing that I did come from a Tippmann Crossover - now that weighed a ton.

Reactions: Spittlez

Littletrader347

Jan 29, 2014
I have an LE Blue/Silver Axe, but I've held a standard Axe and it's only slightly heavier, however comparing that I did come from a Tippmann Crossover - now that weighed a ton.
see im coming from a bt4 with ripclip so am I going to notice much of a difference between a mini or an axe.

woodysan

Nov 21, 2013
Manchester
see im coming from a bt4 with ripclip so am I going to notice much of a difference between a mini or an axe.
In my opinion you'll probably not notice a big difference between the two at first, but one thing for sure is you'll notice they're both lighter than the BT4.

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
The Mini with a Halo and Carbon 68 Bottle and full paint I can easily use with one hand for a whole game, not many markers actually offer this ease of use through weight.

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
Not sure which one to get is the extra price for the axe worth it ?
its all down to personal preference, you really need to get hold of both and fire them, see how it feels in YOUR hands, you should'nt really go splurging a few hundred quid from the say so of some opinions of people on forums............

Differnces between mini's & axes, prior to the new minis:
Axe has a better board - think they are the same on newer models?
On/Off ASA,
and a better trigger - although personally i prefer the mini trigger....
Tool less bolt removal
bigger frame - dont care who you are your going to feel the benefit of the axe, if you hold the front of a mini as you would any other tourney marker (by the reg - in this case board - with your thumb wrapped around it) your going to struggle ramping as your fingers are going to be banging against your thumb, so you end up with your thumb up the side of the marker, this aint an issue with an axe.

Should just point out, ive owner 2 minis and never had an axe, minis great little guns, the axes are a more all round refined marker, smoother quieter shot, slightly more efficient only gripe with empire in this day and age is the crappy barrel they supply with them both, although with some version of the axes you get a freak kit and a redline board (has a screen so you can actually see what settings you are altering) but put either of these on a mini or an axe and you have just about as equally kick ass marker. Without a doubt the biggest plus for the axe over the mini is the on/off, invest in one or something that does a similar job if you do end up getting one.

if/when you get one of these markers, do not waster your time/money upgrading the endless list of tat they supply for them, springs/bolts/laser eyes etc etc, unless your just wanting to add the personal touch to it.

re weights - doing it in pounds as its the info thats easiest available
mini - 1.99lbs
geo3.1 - 1.99lbs
LV1 - 2.06lbs
Etek 4 - 2.22lbs
Axe - 2.25lbs
DM14 - 2.33lbs

now on a full setup with a full hopper, your not going to notice the difference in the weight difference between all of these markers, unless your arms can be mistaken for a loose bit of thread hanging from your T-shirt sleeve..............