Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mini or PM5?

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
ok, thanks for the info. ingoring size, weight, age and maintanence, which of the two would perform better? is the mini more efficient than the PM5? how loud is it? which is higher quality? is it possible to get an on/off for it?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ok I'll answer for the mini.

which of the two would perform better?
They would perform equally as well. The software in the mini is current though.

is the mini more efficient than the PM5?
Ok with a mini, I use a 0.8L bottle and I can shoot 6 pots and a hopper and have 1000 still in the tank. With the delrin bolt you can buy, Ive heard that its possible to shoot 14 pots with a 1.1L bottle.

how loud is it?
Depends on the barrel, but its a fairly quiet gun regardless.

which is higher quality?
Both guns are a very high quality.

is it possible to get an on/off for it?
Yes. Smart Parts stock an on/off adapter which costs like £14 and screws right onto your bottle.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Ok I'll answer for the mini.

They would perform equally as well. The software in the mini is current though.

Ok with a mini, I use a 0.8L bottle and I can shoot 6 pots and a hopper and have 1000 still in the tank. With the delrin bolt you can buy, Ive heard that its possible to shoot 14 pots with a 1.1L bottle.

Depends on the barrel, but its a fairly quiet gun regardless.

Both guns are a very high quality.

Yes. Smart Parts stock an on/off adapter which costs like £14 and screws right onto your bottle.
That's probably the most mature reply in this thread.

To threadstarter, if you have the budget for a Mini, then you may be able to stretch to a s/h PM7 which is smaller and lighter than the PM5 and also has better/more up-to-date/more modes on its Software.

Either way, give both a whirl before parting with your hard earned greenbacks - one man's meat is another's poison after all.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
No this http://www.smartparts.com/Store/default.aspx?Prod=e1611030-8724-46ed-a14b-52776de0af73

the mini will not accept a dovetail. The reg is on the bottom of the grip, and the gas goes through the grip.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4366/18062007001dz7.jpg

you can see the adapter in this pic aswell. I use it to extend the mini out from being in my face just a little too much, and its cool that its also an on/off.

snap-shooter

green zone fighter
Nov 8, 2006
s****horpe
www.facebook.com
mini not as bad as i thought

i feel my first post was biased to the pm5 because i loved mine had 16" ultralite and virtued so software age wasn't a problem and it is fast accurate etc... but no pros for the mini in last post and shot one today for the first time and first thing is how light it is, very accurate (was using my 16" ultralite), very fast and the design is new and innovative because of the tank screwing straight into the reg and up through the grip

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
ok, thanks for all the info. how would the mini compare to a PM7? is the PM7 worth the extra £200 over the mini?

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
ok, thanks for all the info. how would the mini compare to a PM7? is the PM7 worth the extra £200 over the mini?
If a PM7 suits/feels better to you then yes - but only you can decide that.

Try them both, and decide for yourself which is more comfortable to shoot etc.