Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mini or PM5?

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
ok, thanks for all the info. how would the mini compare to a PM7? is the PM7 worth the extra £200 over the mini?
Yes, and I have used both extensively before anyone jumps in. The mini is ok, too prone to breakage for my liking and no where near as efficient as some people have made out, most of the ones I have used have been lucky to get 6/7 pots from a 1.1, and they were set up by jon sosta himself.
PM7 feels nicer, shoots more consistently and is more efficient on air, + its made by DYE who have the best sales support in the country.

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
I can get a 4500 fill from my mini shoot 7-8 pots and have about 2000psi left in my 1.1 :D, managed this in Germany, shot all my paint but still had loads of air!

across the team the efficiency varies but it seems to get better the longer we play with them.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
I can get a 4500 fill from my mini shoot 7-8 pots and have about 2000psi left in my 1.1 :D, managed this in Germany, shot all my paint but still had loads of air!

across the team the efficiency varies but it seems to get better the longer we play with them.

Daniel, please forgive my scepticism but according to the figures you quote, you are claiming in excess of 2000 shots from a single 1.1/4500 fill under rapid fire conditions?
If so, that means that the Mini is more efficient than many pump markers!

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
ok, if i don't need any firing modes, other than semi, would there be much point upgrading a to a PM7?

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
Daniel, please forgive my scepticism but according to the figures you quote, you are claiming in excess of 2000 shots from a single 1.1/4500 fill under rapid fire conditions?
If so, that means that the Mini is more efficient than many pump markers!

I understand I wouldn't believe it either, I was talking to Jon Bon this weekend about it, and he says it's due to the way the mini works, as it works on the pressure difference and does not use air to close chambers or the solenoid to move air to various different places makes it very efficient. (I'm not very gun techy so I understand that they may make little or no sense.

next time I'm training I'll keep a record of the fills i get and the amount of paint I fire.

But seriously in Germany I had my 1.1 stako bottle (before the ban) I was snake back corner so took 7 pots (could have been 8) I ran out of paint and had to point at people for another guy on my team to shoot.

Then I had around 2000psi left.

once I have the info I'll let you know.

Da Dog(UOG)

Apr 2, 2007
chelt'ers
mini mini mini iv got mine had a few little niggles but when its set up they are amazing. shot one mini from MK storm over the wknd it was ball on ball, fast, and light!!!!!!it had a couple of up grades?! then my friend who was a marshal thought a mini straight out of the box was the best he had seen all wknd.. TOP GUNS

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
I think you shot mine!

I love my gun! :D

also I love to show it off - if anyone is at the PA next weekend come and find me.. if we're not playing you can use it for your game or have a shoot in the chrono area.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
mini mini mini iv got mine had a few little niggles but when its set up they are amazing. shot one mini from MK storm over the wknd it was ball on ball, fast, and light!!!!!!it had a couple of up grades?! then my friend who was a marshal thought a mini straight out of the box was the best he had seen all wknd.. TOP GUNS
Nope no upgrades. Ours are stock. Glad you liked it :)