Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mini velocity problem

Overson

Sep 27, 2014
Kettering
Hi I've bought a second hand mini but I carnt get it to fire at 200 psi even with the velocity screw backed out to be level.
To get it to fire at 275 fps I've had to turn the pressure up to 245-250psi, but then the marker works fine all day with no problems at all.
Ive stripped and checked the handle and everything looks ok but still need the hi pressure to work correctly ?
Any advice
I'm going to order a service kit and replace all seals but before I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something
Thanks

Last edited:

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
he mini solenoid isnt rated to be ran at that high a pressure. keep it going too long and it will pop. Make sure you are using a good quality battery and resent the boards dwell setting to factory. Check the poppet o ring and seal for damage and to make sure its properly greased. there are other people on here who can probably help you more. chris malton for example.

I generally reset a gun to factory when i get it. it helps avoid these kinds of issues when another user has messed about

Reactions: Overson

Overson

Sep 27, 2014
Kettering
Hi yes but the balls just roll out the barrel rather than shoot out. I can get 150fps at 220psi. Like I said the marker appears to work fine at 245-250 psi will shoot all day and did on Saturday ?.the velocity screw on the back does not seam to do anything much when adjusted. I've just bought a players kit to service it and see if that helps

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
id say your regs stuffed. have you tired using a different bottle? set your pressure to 200, then screw the velocity adjuster all th way in, chrono and when your firing also take a look at how much the needle on the reg moves

Overson

Sep 27, 2014
Kettering
Just connected my other air tank to it on my remote line and set it to 200 psi, wound the screw in and back out , when firing with no hopper on you can see the bolt move so not moving as fast as it should and with hopper on the balls still just fall out ?
I've now run out of air so I'm going to strip and replace all seals and popit to see if that works next time I go.
Not sure what else to do if that does not work

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
It's the reg or solenoid had this on tm7 and 15s before.

before you waste money its worth calling rob at justpaintball. Pretty confident he will say one of the two things I have

Also try stripping and cleaning the solenoid

Reactions: Overson

Overson

Sep 27, 2014
Kettering
Tested the mini today after the rebuild all orings and seals replaced and new solenoid piston
Shooting over 300fps at 180psi
All sorted now thanks all the help

Reactions: Bolter and Liam92