Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mini vs minion/pm6

I james I

Apr 2, 2007
birmingham
i just had a thought at tho moment i have a egg2 with y-board will that be ok to use on the mini, also i might get a stako to complement my mini. is that a decent setup?

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
I shot a mini last year and i love it, the first batches had issues but they have been sorted now.
I dont think they are too small, i am bordering 6' 2" and i shoot it fine, there is another guy on our team bigger than me and he has no issues either.

Though I have never tried the PM's so I cant comment on them, just that the mini has not done me wrong this year,
as you say i would try them both,
if you see MK Storm about ask them and they will let you shoot their guns,
They mostly train down at bicketwood, try and contact walker 7 or bolter on here if you are interested.

Thre stako will be fine, i never really used an egg, dont like the shape or weight distribution on them, i use a halo but as long as yours can feed 15 bps then it should be fine.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
I own both, and I personally prefer my mini over the PM6 with UL. I would happily shoot either as my primary but I prefer the minis overall feel. Like said, just try them out for a game or two, you will naturally find the one you prefer.

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
and ion is basiccly the same as them both to be honest
would you like to explain how an ion a matrix and a mini are anywhere similar because after reading that im pulling a face like you've just broke into my house and pissed on my living room carpet....

just to add Ive owned a ion, a mini and a pm6..

the mini isnt a bad marker but i found it far too short and too small. profile just didnt feel right,i had a gen 1 and it did have alot of chopping issues. i missed the fact that i couldnt switch my air off and it was a struggle to get my bottle off after play.. im a big guy so that could be it, if your 5 foot nothing and 14 you might think i'm an ogre but hey my opinion stands

The PM whilst quiet alot heavier i found it an all round better gun, easy to maintain, sturdy and well balanced. with the new pm8 out aswell you should be able to get one a bit cheaper than a mini also

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
and ion is basiccly the same as them both to be honest
Don't waste your time posting replies to threads like this when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Back on topic, I sold my PM6 to buy a Mini and I really do prefer it. However, as Marcus said the Mini is a lot smaller & tighter and therefore may not be suitable for everyone. Scars makes some good points and yes, whilst the lack of purging on/off is slightly irritating, unscrewing the bottle can be made much easier by dry-firing the marker at the same time - Only needs to be done once every training/tourney day anyway, so it isn't a major issue.

And yes, Stako's go very well with Mini's ;)

P41ntb4ll3r

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!
Apr 10, 2007
wirral
what i mean is. you can reach same amount of bps on semi and the shoot ruffll the same. i have shot the pmr and ion.

you do need to do a bit more maintenance on the ion as everyone has said.

i would go with the pm6 tho