Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mini vs minion/pm6

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
eggs are class hoppers! People buy all the top of the range this and that loaders and they never get over 15bps, ok yeh they can feed loads of bbps etc but even a y board does 17bps, with a z board its 23 or somik, without ramping most people wont hit this anyways so why bother? Only probs with the egg is the battery cover but i havent had no probs with mine! Watch the for sale sections and you get a egg for like £15 you cant whack it for that price!!!!
I'm sure Tiffer will post cos he is the Head of the Eggy fan club, but I'll say my peice anyway.

Eggs are good, I had a z-boarded eggy one and never complained about it's speed, reliability, or the fact it can hol about a squillion paintballs. Oh and the fact it is virtually weather proof and I still keep it for wet weather balling.

However,

Free feeding off a marker you may be able to get it feed 15bps+ with fresh batteries. On the marker with batteries which are not straight out of the box it's another thing.

On advice I bought a pulse. Lot of money, but the fact that you can slide the tray out for easy cleaning and you can pulse chip it if you want sold it to me, as well of course the potential for higher feed rates. I put this on my marker and without adjusting any settings on the marker tested out a hopper of paint. I have to say it was almost as if I had changed the marker, it felt like a completely different beasty. The flow of paint was faster and more consistent.

So ok, egg's may be able to feed 15bps+ but they do it with a few fits and starts as they do it lowering your bps. Buying a better loader will give you more consistent paint flow.

However, you need to work out for yourself whether you can justify the difference in cost to the difference in performance.

And for the record, Eggy's are indeed good escpecially for the money you can get them for now, they just arent as great as the other loaders that may have been mentioned here.

So... make up your own mind about what you want.

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
I've been in paintball quite a while and have owned and/or maintained pretty much everything, and the mini is without a shaddow of a doubt the best paintball purchase I have ever made, for me it cant be faulted, some people think that its too small though which is understandable.
I dont even know why people still mention the teething problems :confused: I havent had a chop with mine since I had it 7 months ago, though if taking my advice bear in mind I put the RI bolt in it the day I got it.