Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Minor Rotor colour kit issue

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Hi!

I picked up a Cubix Grey Rotor at CPPS, but the standard colour kit isn't sitting flush with the hopper. It's almost like it's too short and won't fit perfectly.

The first picture has the kit screwed in at the front. In the second you can see that it won't sit nicely at the back.

image.jpg

image.jpg

In this picture I've screwed the back four screws in, and you can see the issue at the front. It isn't much but it's upsetting my OCD and there was a hell of a mess under it.

image.jpg

I'm assuming the best solution will be to trim the bit where the front screw goes into. Just want to check I'm not missing something obvious and end up destroying something.

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
Mine is a little tight too at the front, I've just come to terms it ain't gonna be perfect but it's close enough

Reactions: hoot

DYE Euro Tech

DYE Tech
Mar 15, 2010
I would recommend you to first tighten the screws in the front a little bit (2-3 turns) and then push in the backwards part of the colour kit. It's normal that it's a little tight - "soft force" should solve your problem ;-)

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
Cheers for the responses, got it more or less flush now! "Soft force" will have to remember that one :)
This is something that people have a problem with and I am glad you have now learned! This stuff is tested to be shot pointblank with a paintball... you can give it a little force. :p Just make sure you always have a rag so you're not scratching up your anodizing job. Dye stuff has always had a very tight tolerance.

If you find yourself over tightening things look into a modern screwdriver with a torque system. You can make it so it's impossible to strip your screws in the pits when you're full of adrenaline. Just remember you can always make something tighter... but not if you broke it by it being too tight the first time.