The Home Of European Paintball

Mission Paintball on TV

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
interesting points

Ill keep it short again

yes they have managed to ban paintball in germany without banning the gun I believe perhaps Nick will enlighten us on the full facts in brief

I only do breif as it makes the thread less tedious and boring- no offence meant

I agree with your point on punters spending money brings sponsorship to our sport through the sites and paint spent
I go back to an original point that I played at sites for quite a few years before playing in tournaments as did lots of my freinds and colleagues, Ive paid my due dollar, why should I thank an occasional player, I should thank all responsible site owners like my captain Russell Steele who runs an excellent site-Hamburger Hill and really knows the benefit of looking after the customer-he should pay me for that plug
I should thank my sponsors which I do regularly
I should thank Steve Bull for all his effort
I should thank Marshalls who do a thankless task and get all sorts of crap
and finally my wife, my son,daughter and dog, let snot forget GOD as well oh and Jerry Braun and every member of my team and all others for the good fun over the years

But being a sponsored player I also see it as my aim to bring
1, people to the sport through sites
2, taking the sport to a safer and respected level in the eyes of the public(one of nicks points)
3 more of a public understanding
4, bringing more players into tournament paintball
5, helping and training teams with or without sponsorship to achieve a better level
6, helping tournament operators to succeed in there tournament
7, very contensious, get a hold on the poor and dangerous sites in the country and close them down, now here I am talking about sites that use inadequate equipment and have a very poor safety standard
8, stopping, banning same in my eyes im afraid to say
stop-vput an end to the progress, motion. effectively hinder or prevent. discontinue. come to an end. lets lots more but I promised breif
9, ban the right to use the marker or move from ones personal property which would mean you own it but thats it, theres a couple
We all can get touchy on the marketing side of paintball which I explained to Niall on Sunday at Temple, my views which are difficult to explain in text are now understood and I believe I may even get an invite for my opinions and vision at a later date
My views of course are mine and I believe we are actually talking the same talk but from slightly different angles as what we percieve to be relevant in our choice of play
I dont own a site or have any affiliation to any, I make no profit from any paintball product, is this where the truth lies perhaps

Just a few I have more

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Totally agree with everything you say - although not sure of the pecking order between God and Jerry Braun.

I would imagine the German issue to be different from anything else in Europe (or the world) given the war. I'm not qualified to talk, but I would imagine paintball falls into a law that is already there, rather than a new law being introduced to 'combat' it. Nick will explain I'm sure.

I'd be interested in your points to Niall.

Unfortunately, as I said before - I have never played rec ball. My first ever experience with paintball was tourney, my last was tourney. However, we must never allow ourselves to be divided cos that's when you become weak.

See you later.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Cheers, but best not.

You know it don't half bug me that just cos Nick writes for the mag he thinks he can go around putting people down.

Perhaps someone should forget to send his cheque out this month. ;)

How's the conspiracy theory going?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Nickerless !!!!

Either you are the luckiest man in the universe or you can fight like Mike Tyson if you have gone thru life being so arrogant without the occasional right hander winging its way in your direction.....Just my opinion u understand :)
And one of the 'arts' of being a good fighter is to know thine enemy, an art you have yet to acquire you lucky man !!!!
Robbo

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
Being seemingly new to the sport i shall keep this short and sweet. Anything that promotes paintball and get's it into the publics eye is good. The old saying "All publicity is good publicity"
Mission paintball and x-fire are two very good programs. The sport element from mp and the invasion and a sort of league from x-fire if combined would make an excellent days paintablling in my view.
Site owners must constanly strive to better thier sites to attract more palyers. But also tourney players must go to these sites to promote the sport. They need to talk to the average joe, make him feel as if he's involved in the sport.

that's all i really can say as i said b4 i'm newish to the sport but there u go.

Gogger

Crispy Fried
Jul 7, 2001
North Wales
Visit site
My site has just taken a booking for 40+ people to come for a days paintball, as a direct result of a guy watching Mission Paintball and wanting to try it himself. Thats a fantastic result in my opinion.
Mission Paintball = 40+ new players to our sport = :D
Gogger