Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mission:Paintball

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
hi
While watching Emily Booth on Bravo the last few weeks i have been side tracked by an element of paintball in the program,its taken a few weeks but i've grown to accept this distraction:)
anyway i was wondering on how true a representation of paintball Mission:paintball is? Probually more the final rather than the regular episodes.i know if i went to a tourney all would be revealed.but i ain't been to one yet,so:
a) Is that much paint used in the real world?(old topic i know,but i started it!!!)
b) is the paint supplied free on the program (not in a tourney,i know the answer there)
c) do chicks like Emily hang around?
d) do you have their phone number?
e) or just any comments on the differences between the prog and real tourneys.or do you feel Mission is an accurate portrail on how the big guys play p8ntball.
tb(my spelling sucks)-303

tb-303

Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
or in plain English.
Is Mission;Paintball how it is, or is it exaggerated for show for the TV generation(thankfully not like X-fire though!)

tb(yes,i know i go on a bit)-303

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA

Can someone give me the address of the X-Fire site? I saw something there last time I went and can't find it again...

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
hmm

xfire is one of the crapest shows ive ever in my life seen,i mean it looks stupid sounds stupid and is stupid.the people that go on that show have never done any paintballing before in there life and they try and do the cover fire and move which they see on the movies suc as saving private ryan etc and all arni films and wonder why they got shot,Sorry for the outburst but i have to say that i wish i could grab the producer and hit him with a fish for starting that show.
as for the origanal question i dont have any idear as i havent been to any tornies
soz tb

dan :)

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
I have to agree with you on that one, Emily Booth is quite alright.

a) A hell lot of paint was used at Campaign yes - there was a mini-swimming pool behind the shooting range :eek:
b) don't know about paint cost on the program, most likely supplied by sponsors or at discount rates
c) A few chicks are arond yes, but taken
d) no - out of my league :mad:
e) you gotta be there to see it really - theres only so much you get on tele.

And was the final showdown between Banzai and Rushers really fixed :confused:

'tis hat I heard.... ;)

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Fixed

Nope

The Rushers would never fix a result. The Banzais beat us fair and square - we wanted to win it as much as they did - unfortunately we let the second game slip out of our control and hence we lost the final.

It was Tourney paintball - purely and simply.

Respect to the Banzais - but they know we'll be after them next time out!!!

Mark

tb-303

Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
i knew i shouldn't have mentioned x-fire!!!!! theres other threads for that prog(pants as it is its got a lot of people interested in p8ntball,which ain't really a bad thing,and once ther play real p8ntball they'll know what its about) any way i digress.....
What is the story with the paintballs? were they supplied? this goes to Mark T really.nice play on the first game though! under a minute ain't bad going.
tb-303

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
tb-303

The paint shot by the teams during MP was supplied by the teams. Some expenses were paid which would cover some costs but most teams expended money to be on the show (especially Bouja methinks)

Mark

The first game was nice (shame I was shot on the break D'Oh)