The Home Of European Paintball

Missy Q?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
As for Mikey, Ive never liked him.

As for people worshipping mods? Where did you make that up from? We are all just paintballers, who (for free) moderate a forum on the internet. What part of that is so cool people would worship us? I dont get it.

May 25, 2005
Norfolk
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk

As for people worshipping mods? Where did you make that up from? We are all just paintballers, who (for free) moderate a forum on the internet. What part of that is so cool people would worship us? I dont get it.
To be fair @Bolter I wouldn't level that at you as your behaviour in here has always seemed fair to me, you post with the same tone as you did before becoming a mod.
Some people seem to like the adoration of 'newbs', the prime example of that was in fact mikey..
Anyway I think this has gone as far as is necessary, mike won't lose any sleep over being banned and there is nothing to be gained.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm sure he's grand in real life so why be a dick once he gets behind a keyboard?
Anyway, you're right . He won't lose sleep, neither will I, nothing to be gained.

I'm tempted to close the thread but for now will leave lest I be accused of curtailing free speech.

Constructive comments welcomed as always :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

This. Exactly this.

Seriously, being a mod here is a chore. We don't get showered by the industry with free gifts and samples of new stuff to express their gratitude. We get nothing, nada. Yet people still expect us to drop all and sort their issues out.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
This. Exactly this.

Seriously, being a mod here is a chore. We don't get showered by the industry with free gifts and samples of new stuff to express their gratitude. We get nothing, nada. Yet people still expect us to drop all and sort their issues out.
Now that I know you don't get freebies, I don't want to be a mod.

I only wanted to be a Mod for the freebies and the odd groupie (fluffer) that they attract.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Since my name was mentioned...
Mikey may well be a good guy in real life, but I agree, on here he seems argumentative at best (which is not bad per se), and a d-bag at worst. Would I have banned him here? Yes, probably. I don't like people insulting my fellow mods, who do this work for peanuts.
But I am quite aware that there can be a huge difference between a real life person and his online persona. But since we deal with online personas here...
I've been close to wanting to strangle people online, while having a beer with them the next day in real life. So if I ever do meet Mikey, there will certainly be no hard feelings from me.

Speaking for myself, I've never felt good about banning anyone (other than spambots). By the time I get to the point that I hit that shiny, red button, I am usually so irritated by the person in question, blocking his access doesn't feel like victory or anything. It feels more akin to flipping the bird behind somebody's back...

Reactions: EELZ