Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Moderators,,,Gods or Hitlerites!!!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Well I guess I was thinking more prices from Traders then anything else, but the boards I was refering to were Pbnation and paintballcity. But yeah you're right!!

Paul.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Originally posted by Liz

An example - some people have been asked by mods to use "Announcements & Queries" for various types of posts like looking for a guest player for a tournament, but the definition of this particular forum is "our announcements and your questions regarding this website and the forums".
Sounds to me that who ever told you to or them to post there didn't even know what they were talking about in the 1st place. I for one do not find it wrong to advertise in the Tourney forum to guest for someone for a specific tournament. The title of your thread should state that as well! But if you are looking for a permanent team we all know it goes in the Classifieds.:D

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by TJ Lambini

Feedback is cool, but we do tend to end up repeating ourselves because people tend to pick tha same fight every three months or so...
I've seen numerous instances on these forums where this happens... typical example being "Why didn't PGI cover my team when we played and come fourth at The NowhereVille Tourney"..

How about a top forum called "F.A.Q's and The Most Repetative Questions In The World..... Ever!" or something similiar, where you can pick your most annoying questions ever and post the answers in there... might save a lot of grief?

Urban

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by TheRo0sTer

Sounds to me that who ever told you to or them to post there didn't even know what they were talking about in the 1st place..............
mutiny in the ranks guys :D:D:D

Just playing fellas,

Nice to have you back Roo!

Paul
:D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hey Manike,

Don't worry, I did not feel offended by what you said. You have your opinion and points of argument, and I (we) have mine (ours).
As usual the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't know if I came across as being all steamed up, but suffice to say that I'm not.
And as for you posting in a lot of other forums.....you have too much free time, young man!

Where I think that the 'problem' originally started is in the beginning. There was very little actual moderating going on, so it was just a big free for all. Then things got a little more strict with the introduction of the new board, and then a little more strict wihen more mods were unleashed upon the world. Taking away certain 'liberties' will always be hard. Had this forum been very strictly controlled from the get-go, and slowly the reins would have been let loose up to the point where we are now, nobody would be having a problem....

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Buddha 3
And as for you posting in a lot of other forums.....you have too much free time, young man!
Quite the contrary :) I actually work about 16 hours a day, but all from computers. I post to stop me from going crazy and for some 'light entertainment'.

Also, as from yesterday you could pretty much say I am now working in the industry also (rather than doing things out of the goodness of my heart as per usual :) ) and so I obviously need to keep myself uptodate ;)

manike

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Liz, you make a good point in that last paragraph. But in defense of the PGI crew I would like to say that they have a group of 'customers' that they can, and do, turn to when they want to know stuff: The moderators. The people that were given the job when the forum had been up for a while did not get the title because they are a bunch of yes-men. They are all people with opinions who are not afraid to speak them. I have received a good number of e-mails asking me my opinion on certain things that were going on, or how I felt about certain changes, and I always gave my opinion, whether I agreed with them or not.
Does that (more or less) fit the description of wht you had in mind?
Well sort of, but from experience if you have someone from the user community as part of the organisation carrying out the changes for too long they tend to "go native". Don't take that as an insult 'cause it's definitely not meant that way, it just means that as you get more and more involved with the project or job in hand you can sometimes lose track of what it's like being on the receiving side of whatever is going on.
I'm sort of assuming that the mods know about whatever this master plan is - you all seem to be intellegent people (shouldn't have got the mod role otherwise) so I would think you wouldn't go along with something unless you knew what the long term plan is. But some of us are also reasonably bright, & automatically kick back when we hear that there are changes afoot that we can't be told anything about, but it'll all be better in the long run. I'm afraid I've been at work in the past too often to trust that line any more and have become a cynical bitch.

Liz, I had no intentions of patronizing you - if it came across that way I aplogize. And we do poll opinion in a number of ways from a number of sources, as you suggest...if you knew tha hours I'd spent going thru 'What would you like to see more/less of on P8ntballer.com'...

Manike, you ain't offended me one iota. However, your 'lots of mpeople say yada yadda yadda'...yeah, whatever. Robo's style is often belligerent and can put people off, goes with tha territory.

As for me saying, 'It's our ball and you can only play if you play by our rules'...damn straight. It is our ball and we don't like to hammer it home, but when people abuse us or take liberties, we remind them if that fact.

If a few people you've spoken to didn't like that then fine, there are other boards.

I also frequent a number of other boards on a number of topics and I often disagree with their policies, but I figure it's their business so I either stay or I leave...s'no biggie. We ain't making people do anything.

As for egos...Ha! The entire PGI/p8ntballer team - Robo excepted - just get on and do their thang, it's not a question of egos, it's a question of people trying to do their jobs and fulfill their mandates to the best of their abilities.

However, if you're suggesting that my attitude, or Rancid's, or Mr Big's, is 'damaging to Paintball', then I do take a **** of a lot of offence at that and would suggest that you rethink that statement because it is blatantly untrue and blatantly unfair...