Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mods Please Quit It!

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Mind you, if someone were to call me a donkey licker in my face, he'd still get his ass whooped
Donkey Licker :D:D:D

Seriously though... despite this guy choosing to put across his point in an extremely poor manner, I DO see how users of the forum could be confused if a thread is deleted without them knowing why?

Maybe it should be SOP that when a mod deletes a thread, a PM is sent explaining why?

Obviously, that is not a workable solution, if deleted threads number in the 100's per week... but how many are we really talking about here ?

:)

Nick

Buddha 3 said:

Anyway, seems like I owe a few people a hearty apology as well, since I was living under what turns out to be a false impression.
As a mod, I have the option to do a hard and a soft delete. When I do a soft delete, the thread is actually still there, but as sort of a dead link. I always made a note of why the thread got pulled, which is visible under the thread title. I was under the impression that this was visible to everybody, just without the modding options, but it turns out this ain't the case. So while I intended to be nice, it just wasn't visible to you guys. I didn't know, sorry about that. So I'll do things a little different in the future.
I think to be honest the above explains why a lot of people got 'frustrated' at the post removal. (Including myself)

The lack of explanation for post removal was my main grievence towards yourself Buddah. However I must admit that the classifides section is now a nicer place to be.

Please can we now make a point of banning scummers like WGPforlife (among others) As I personally pull my hair out over such ramblings on a regualar basis!

Keep up the good work TFP!

Jonny 03

www.carlisle-reball.co.uk
Robbo said:
Element, to be fair mate, I don't think 'simple' discussions include insults; if they do, then those simple discussions as you like to describe them can escalate...quite quickly....try going into some local bar and having a 'simple' discussion in the same as you did on here and I've got a pretty good idea where it is likely to head...you get my point?
It's elementary my dear Element :)
Take it easy !
Yeah I see ya point dude, I understand where everyone is coming from. I'm big enough to see the errors of my ways and for that I apologise for my manner in which I raised this point, I was pished off at the time as it had happened more than once but acted hastily and unwisely. I learnt my lesson.

Hopefully now that this problem has been made aware with the soft deletes people know why this was happenning and all is cool once more. Cheers dudes.

Element Gunfighter said:
Yeah I see ya point dude, I understand where everyone is coming from. I'm big enough to see the errors of my ways and for that I apologise for my manner in which I raised this point, I was pished off at the time as it had happened more than once but acted hastily and unwisely. I learnt my lesson.

Hopefully now that this problem has been made aware with the soft deletes people know why this was happenning and all is cool once more. Cheers dudes.

Donky Licker!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Nick Brockdorff said:
Donkey Licker :D:D:D

Seriously though... despite this guy choosing to put across his point in an extremely poor manner, I DO see how users of the forum could be confused if a thread is deleted without them knowing why?

Maybe it should be SOP that when a mod deletes a thread, a PM is sent explaining why?

Obviously, that is not a workable solution, if deleted threads number in the 100's per week... but how many are we really talking about here ?

:)

Nick
I think you ain't far off buddy, with the 100's per week...:(

Oh, and you just made my "ass to be whooped" list. :D ;)

What I do now is just post a request in the thread in question. If people fail to understand things then, the thread gets the chop...
Fair?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Nick Brockdorff said:
Great solution :)

See you in Paris for the ass whooping ? :D

Can I have a side bet on the outcome?

In the red corner we got 300 pound Jay (Budhha), American football player, ex bouncer, ex badass fighting outa Amsterdam - Holland .......up against the yellow corner, Nick Rocky dwarf, 180 pound, ex showjumper (seriously, I heard Nick was a showjumper) ex wannabee paintball star fighting outa Desperation, Denmark......

I'd love to see that one :)