Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

More Cocker Problems

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
The last couple of time I have used my Eclipse Cocker I have had the same recurring problem:

Early in the day it starts of fine, usual fantastic performance, then later in the day things start to go wrong.

When firing the gun, all the parts work as they should, back block come back with cocking rid etc but the gun wont fire properly and just Phhhuuuuts, not the same as when you short stroke or anything but it does not cycle properly.

It seems as though there is not enough pressure getting to the gun. I run a 4500psi tank with Pure Energy Fixed output reg (800 or 850 psi), plenty of air in the tank but still it will not fire properly.

I cant imagine its the timing as I have not messed with it at all and it has worked finr for the last 4 months !

Now heres the strange bit, took my tank off, degassed the gun, screwed the tank back in and Hey Presto working fine again????

Anyone got anty suggestions as to whats causing the problem?

I've checked our Ravi's site and it does not seem to answer this problem

Help please, I need it sorting before the Zap indoor on Saturday !!

No time to send to Planet, need to sort this out myself, with anyones help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Simple thing - make sure the cocking rod is screwed in tight, if it's loose the hammer might slip off the sear doing that.

Otherwise, if you cock it manually then fire is it OK?

Couple of other things that spring to mind - the inline reg might be creeping which means it over pressure behind the valve and the hammer can't open it, do you have velocity creep before it does this?

One of the internal springs might have kinked, but that shouldn't fix itself.

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Cheers Beaker !

Checked Cocking Rod, its tight as ever,

Thought the prob could be with the Ergo Reg, will oil it this evening and see if it does any good, are the springs easy to replace ? I should have one, I think I bought all the spares from yourself in a big bundle !

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Si.

Old Git.
It sounds like a gunked up inline reg to me.. I had a similar problem with my IR3, stripping down the reg and giving it a good clean solved the problem. You tend to find that the gunk get's pushed to the top of the reg as the day goes on, reducing the Air flow, leaving it for a few hours usually lets the gunk slip down again so the marker will appear to work uk for a while before the problem appears again.

Also try checking out the valve pin, it might be sticking (another problem I had with my IR3), again, a strip down and a good clean and lube should fix that.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Stripping the Ergo is pretty simple, just do everything in reverse when putting the thing back together :)

Once it's done then just set your regs from scratch again to be sure. It might just be everything's got out of whack over time.

As for spares - gotcha, i didn't twig :)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
definatly sounds like summut sticking to me, my guess would also be to check the reg.

from the sound of it you are getting low pressure input so thats why your gun is farting at you.

do you have a spare inline reg? or borrow one and test that.....id definatly strip yours down and clean it tho....sounds like it could have a bit of summut floating about in there. maybe its been over oiled?

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Cheers

Thanks for your help guys,

Jahlad, it cant be over oiling, I've never oiled the thing since I've had it !!! (4-5 months) :eek:

I will strip the Ergo down tonight and hopefully not knacker it !!!!!

Cheers fella's I new I could rely on ya !

:)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
nope dont think it will be that, when the gas enters a cocker it splits in 2 directions, one to operate the cocking mech and one to the fireing parts of the marker.....

if the prob was with the lpr it wouldnt recock....the air that actually fires a cocker doesnt go anywhere near the lpr