Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

More Cocker Problems

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
the desciption of the noise its makeing says to me that it is recocking but when he fires it the hammer is opening the valve but then something isnt right after that.......like the farting/quacking noise that cockers make when the aint timed.

if it wasnt pushing the block back far enough to recock, it wouldnt make any noise at all when fired!;)

cube will turn up in a mo and prove me wrong tho! ;) :p :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
true...that wouldnt fix its self when he degased and regased as he said.....more i think about this it seem like something covering an air inlet or poss an inline reg set too low.

check the inline reg first (coz its the easiest to get at)

if that dont work id be tempted to take the valve out and clean that up

if that dont work do what i always land up doing....get in the car and go to planet and give it to jack!

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
i have an idea, happened to me last time i used my cocker. it was firing, but makin the noise when i let go, not when i fired, kinda confuzzled me, so basically i just took off the back block, put it back on and let the pump arm out an extra turn, was working sweetly all day after

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
thats a timing prob....what you did by lengthening the pump rod is making the gas hole in the bolt line up earlier in the cycle

eg cycle is: pull trigger/fireing pin drops/gun fires/block moves back/recock/reset

lenthening the pump rod makes the time between fireing and the block movment longer thus keeping the gas hole inline for longer...might in some cases fix a timing problem but will also slow down your cycle time....thus making you markers rate of fire lower
you could have fixed this also by adjusting the timing or the 3-way

Davo

Goldmember
May 9, 2002
Middlesbrough
Visit site
Thats Blown It !

It was bound to happen !!!!

In my usual cak handed way I seem to have made things worse !!

Took the reg apart (ergo) wiped it down etc, not much gunk in there but then again I could not get into all the bits fully.

Put it back together as I thought I had taken it apart and hey presto, it wont work at all !!!!!!

Attached the tank to the drop line and air is just p1ssing out of the barrel and when screwed in fully out of the very small hole in the side of the reg body, I'm guessing that I have put it back together wrong but their was only 3 parts that came out of the flaming thing !!

Took the screw out from the bottom, the spring then came out, the only other thing that came about was a brass fitting around 25 mm long, thats it ?? Put it back together as I thought I'd taken it apart

any ideas fella's, I know a trip to Jack would be the best idea but he goes to the USA on Wednesday and I need this thing for the Indoor this weekend HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell by this that I am useless at this sort of stuff !!!!!!

Thanks

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
heheh lol

dont panic you havnt broke it ive done this with a wgp reg before!

the screw you took out the bottom...take it out again and look at it carefully....its got a hole in it....guess what happens when you turn it in to far.....you shut the air off! and that makes the reg run at super low pressure...not enough pressure to do anything infact...other than leak out of the bleed hole.

put the screw back in then back it out about a quarter of the way...put your marker back together and that should fix it