Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

More Cocker Problems

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Ohhhh Noooooo!

You mean I have to do something else with it !!

Whne you say sweet spot I assume you mean tinker with the pressure but turning the screw in/out on the bottom to get the pressure right ?

This is how much I have messed with my gun, I dont even know how to change the velocity, I know it has a small hole at behind the back block (rex dialler kit on Eclipse's ?) which is used to change it but I thought this was just for fine tuning?

The main way would be to set the pressure going into the gun by messing with the screw on the bottom of the Ergo, am I right ?

Good job I'm going to Hilton Park earlier on Friday I'll be there all bloody day !!!!!!!!

Cheers Beaker anyway, your assistance was greatly appreciated, dont suppose you are at the Indoor are you ? If so you have a beer waiting for you!

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Setting the reg is real easy - but takes 10-15 mins, paint and a chrono.

Screw the Rex all the way in, then all the way out counting the number of turns it takes,
Now screw the Rex to the mid point (ie. if it's 8 turns out then go back 4 turns)
Have the Ergo adjustment screwed in (i.e. lowest pressure.) - that's the screw at the bottom of the reg
Add the air
Increase the Ergo pressure until it there is a fair amount of pressure out the barrel, enough to fire a ball out so you don't end up with 18 stuck down your barrel!
Add some paint and find a chrono.
You'll probably be shooting just under 200 now
Increase the ergo bit by bit, shooting a few shots after each adjustment to settle the regs.
You'll get to a point that the velocity levels out, i.e. increasing the Ergo doesn't increase velocity, and if you keep increasing it then the velocity will actually reduce. This is likely (alhtough not guaranteed!) to be around 270-280fps.
Reduce the Ergo back down to the lowest point you are still getting that peak FPS.
Now just use the Rex key to fine tune the velocity to what you want.

Most important things with this are having good paint so you get consistant velocities and some patience, just keep shooting at each adjustment to settle the regs down.

This will give you the best operating pressure for your particular gun, most efficient and best consistency.

I doubt I'll be at the indoor - although possibly Sunday. Best of luck mate and let us know how you get on if I don't see you.

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
FAO Beaker

You'll be pleased to know (or possibly you could not give a damn!!) that my cocker was working just fine at the weekend.

I tried sweetspotting the reg as per your instructions and think I did it properly but I did experience some problems.

I would go to the Chrony station and my first 5-6 shots were well well down, some did not even register on the chrony, once I got on the field and rattled some shots out and kept firing everything was great, around 255-260 (it ws max 270 at the indoor)

Any ideas what this is down to?

Does my reg need adjusting/sweetspotting again?

any advice always appreciated

cheers mate

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Sorry

Sorry it took so long to reply, was busy at work and PC knackered at home (bloody kids !!)

In answer to your question, no, there is not audible leak from the barrel or anywhere else.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Hmmm.......... :eek:

Ok, if the first shot(s) are low after the marker's been sat for a while then if you keep shooting the fps ramps up, there can be only 2 explainations.

Either the gas behind the valve is leaking out of somewhere (hence my barrel question)
or
Something is getting stuck.

First thing I'd do is strip the gun the peices and lube/oil everything like the hammer & bolt, put some oil on the valve etc. Re assemble, dry fire out the oil and see what happens.

If it's not that then I'd also check your air systems isn't at fault by just swapping for another to be sure.

If it's not that then it's hunt the leak time.

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
OK

Right cheers for that !

I fitted a new Dye Mini Guage on the Pure Energy Reg and there was the slightest of leaks on it, I only found it when I put a little spit on it! its that small you cant hear it. But it is nothing major, I can leave my tank overnight and it will only drop 3-400 psi, so I cant imagine that that would cause this problem.

I think my Cocker could do with a trip to his Uncle Jack ! As I have no idea on stripping it down and will only knacker something else !