More Cocker Problems

vantrepes

The voices say I'm normal
Jul 28, 2001
Ontario, NY
moodypaintball.site88.net
FAO Beaker

Originally posted by Davo at work
You'll be pleased to know (or possibly you could not give a damn!!) that my cocker was working just fine at the weekend.

I tried sweetspotting the reg as per your instructions and think I did it properly but I did experience some problems.

I would go to the Chrony station and my first 5-6 shots were well well down, some did not even register on the chrony, once I got on the field and rattled some shots out and kept firing everything was great, around 255-260 (it ws max 270 at the indoor)

Any ideas what this is down to?

Does my reg need adjusting/sweetspotting again?

any advice always appreciated

cheers mate
Sounds like your inline reg is creeping.
Try this. Take it to the chrono, and shoot until it is firing normally, and check the gauge. Then let it sit for 5 min or so, and take a look at the gauge again. If the pressure has slowly increased, then the inline is creeping. Replace the reg seat, and it should be fine.
The extra pressure from the reg helps hold the valve closed, and that is what gives the low velocity. As you bleed off the extra pressure by shooting, the velocity climbs. Since it is a slow creep, you won't notice it too much as long as you are shooting once and a while as you play, but if the gun sits, it will have a dramatic effect on the first few shots.

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
i got a wee problem, i just spent a couple of hours taking my cocker apart, getting it set up just perfect, finally shootin great. i still had about 1000psi left in my tank, i just looked and its now down to about 500psi. i couldnt hear any loud leaks, but i put my ear to the front end, and could hear some slow, how do i say this best, its was like a put put put put sound, like little bubbles coming out. at the bottom of the front block, there is a hole at the bottom, for some extra part of some sort, i have tightened the screw/bolt whatever u wanna call it that is filling this hole using an allen key, but still i hear the little bubbles. how can i stop this leak? its nothing drastic, but it is very annoying. any suggestions

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
sounds like its leaking from the blanking screw in the front block....ive been trying to get mine out for ages! its loctited in!

if you wanna stop the leak take the screw out and loctite it back in...but if you think you are gonna wanna take it out again use the right sort of loctite

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
well im not thinking of adding anything, is loctiting it gonna definitely stop it, as its done up pretty damn tight, and still leaking, and i dont wanna have to loctite it, then find out it leaks, and not be able to get it out

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by jahlad
sounds like its leaking from the blanking screw in the front block....ive been trying to get mine out for ages! its loctited in!

if you wanna stop the leak take the screw out and loctite it back in...but if you think you are gonna wanna take it out again use the right sort of loctite
J - if you've got an eclipse cocker I know what you mean :) Jack really didn't want that puppy to move on mine, but I had to remove it too. Just heat the lug first to break the loctite down. I used a lighter for a few minutes, the anno will blacken but don't worry it wont cause lasting damage.

Once it's heated I just threw some water on it to cool it thenm it came right out.

Vantrepes - didn't think of the reg going up :rolleyes:, good thinking and that's a really usefull site you've got there mate :)