Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

More relaxed 'mag' fed - Limited Loaders

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
If you like the idea of limited ammo, tactical play, but not necessarily limited only to MilSim markers/mags and camo gear then maybe Limited Loader play is more your thing.

Marker choice is irrelevant, use a pump, tourney, scenario or milsim marker.

Dress is irrelevant, wear camo, tourney jerseys or your pyjamas!

All that matters is abiding by organiser set rules on limited ammo; magazine, tubes, tac caps or mini grav hoppers. How large a pot/tube you can use to carry extra on you and how much you're allowed in the field at a time.

Jump on the Facebook group if this seems more your thing, or you are a magfed player that doesn't mind playing with more relaxed equipment to give you a second level of choice

https://www.facebook.com/groups/limitedloaders/

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Sounds far more appealing than the 'it must be milsim' circle jerk which seems to be gripping magfed at present, also makes the whole thing accessible to anyone when the only outlay is a couple of quid on a 50 ball hopper.

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
Has to be some limit and it looks like 50 round hoppers are a general reasonable consensus, although there are no set rules. Any event organiser will ultimately set the particular rules for that game.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'd agree that 50 is the sweetspot - includes virtually all mags (but thankfully NOT boxmags - which are just a goddam upside down halo!), stickfeeds, tac caps and the el cheapo tiny hoppers.

Now the question is......will anyone run a limited loader game?

Reactions: Garideon

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Liking that, you have the 'milsim' brigade and they appear to be very elitist and wanting to play 'army.'
That's fine but paintball is paintball and respect all people that play it, the sport is too small for fractions!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Just play limited loader games at your normal walkon, doesn't matter if you're the only one doing it, you'll still have fun. It took me a good few months to decide to switch over to pump only play, I was convinced I'd be horribly out gunned all the time but after a couple of days of it I realised I was having just as much fun as everyone else and does it really matter if you only get a few eliminations a day? No you remember the ones you get more.

I imagine it would be the same if you stuck a 50 shot loader on your ego or axe.

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
Just play limited loader games at your normal walkon, doesn't matter if you're the only one doing it,
I do, I've played 90% of warped big game with an airbow!
I played semi this weekend (mostly due to the eyes on my race halfie dieing, but i was detirmined to play with it!)
My brand new pump cocker is setup for tube only, and will be used quite happily at walkons